DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First thing for new Mavic Pro fliers...

Jack Ray

Reactions
I am one of those guys who like to read manuals, in fact I often download one before I make the purchase! ?‍♂️
So.. xIts a simple task to go to DJI’s website and download the manual in 81/2 X 11 and read all the cool features they pack into their crafts.
be sure there is plenty of paper in your printer.

I am one of those guys who like to read manuals, in fact I often download one before I make the purchase! ?‍♂️
So.. xIts a simple task to go to DJI’s website and download the manual in 81/2 X 11 and read all the cool features they pack into their crafts.
Kudos on your reading... it will save a lot of headaches. Here’s the link to the download page with the 60+ page manual and other useful stuff. I keep the manuals for all my drones on my phone for field reference. Scroll down on the page linked below.

Oh man. I thought I was the only one. I too thoroughly enjoy reading the instruction manuals. I also have mine downloaded on my IPAD for field reference.

I always print the manuals too. My printer's all have duplexes so it prints on both sides. Uses half the paper. Very good advice to all. Thank you.

Being of a certain age ie. before computers were available I now always print out instructions and assemble them in a physical manual. I can then flick quickly back and forth between topics and pages. I appraciate that I am a bit of a Do-Do but my hard copy cant be infected with an electronic virus and finish up losing it all.
Perhaps its time to establish an octo-genarian drone flyers group.

Being of a certain age ie. before computers were available I now always print out instructions and assemble them in a physical manual. I can then flick quickly back and forth between topics and pages. I appraciate that I am a bit of a Do-Do but my hard copy cant be infected with an electronic virus and finish up losing it all.
I'm afraid that I have to rely on my iphone to remind me of our meetings... ?

If you take the pdf file to a print shop, they can print and bind a copy which is usually better than one you can print yourself (especially if you have an inkjet printer). Cost isn't that much and the binding keeps it all in one place and protectedl

Noo! who is going to tutor these young do-do's if we have our "old" group?

Reactions: pelagic_one
I can't see how you can get away with not reading the manual! There are too many things to know, understand & adjust before your first flight. That might be why newbies crash &/or have fly aways - ya think? ?
A manual used to come with electronic gadgets, now to save the printing costs most have gone the pdf route. Nothing wrong with that I guess but how many users have a printer in this day of cellphones and tablets?
Kinda difficult trying to see a diagram on a 4” screen.

Speaking of 4 inches...have you actually tried reading the DJI manuals packed with our Mavics? The Mavic 2 units have the 40-page manual printed smaller than the Mavic Mini, as if we’d really read it that small. Save the trees and include a small business card with the DJI download link, or print the link on the packaging instead.

1D64F46B-A197-4C01-B97E-9A960480F550.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus