DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight logs. Concerned.

While I wouldn’t mind if it were only DJI that we were giving our data to and they were using it to improve the flight of our drones or controlling software just opening Go4 opens links to sites that are owned by many more entities than DJI. Have a look here. Go4 dataleakage chatter
Alibaba, Hong Kong Telephone, Tencent, Flurry, why are they interested in our flights or the list of apps we’ve installed?. And there are sites and services shown in this list that haven’t been identified yet. Of course, it’s all just data, just like the data you give to Facebook, Google Twitter and indirectly and without our direct consent (they use the implied consent in their EULA) to companies such as Cambridge Analytica, (I’m sure there are US equivalents).

While I wouldn’t mind if it were only DJI that we were giving our data to and they were using it to improve the flight of our drones or controlling software just opening Go4 opens links to sites that are owned by many more entities than DJI. Have a look here. Go4 dataleakage chatter
Alibaba, Hong Kong Telephone, Tencent, Flurry, why are they interested in our flights or the list of apps we’ve installed?. And there are sites and services shown in this list that haven’t been identified yet. Of course, it’s all just data, just like the data you give to Facebook, Google Twitter and indirectly and without our direct consent (they use the implied consent in their EULA) to companies such as Cambridge Analytica, (I’m sure there are US equivalents).

Some, at least, are advertising partners.

Reactions: NITEWULF
Some, at least, are advertising partners.
Precisely, same as a sponsorship, so the afore mentioned has a stake in the game as they are authorized retailers, parts suppliers, and aftermarket goods dealers. Everything is a symbiotic relationship in a digital environment. Global leaders need global advertisement, sponsorship of that product gets their name associated with the product. Polar Pro for example, you don't think they lobby DJI for being a go-to for quality products to better a already fine piece of equipment. It doesn't work that way in a business environment. You best believe that BF Goodrich, Yokohama, Firestone and all the other tire manufacturing companies want their products associated with the most popular cars for brand recognition and notoriety. Think about it, if anyone asks you what ND filters they should buy, who comes to mind first, Polar Pro or Fstop labs? Same with anything that is big money, they want to be firmly attached to the coat tails like a remora on a shark.

Reactions: Inspirephil
That Go4 dataleakage chatter is unsettling to me, makes me want to consider changing my firmware to the NLD version. I realize and agree a lot of it is for marketing and sponsorship but seeing all my apps and accessing my photos seems to be crossing the line. And what the heck is the url with "giftcards" being used for?

That Go4 dataleakage chatter is unsettling to me, makes me want to consider changing my firmware to the NLD version. I realize and agree a lot of it is for marketing and sponsorship but seeing all my apps and accessing my photos seems to be crossing the line. And what the heck is the url with "giftcards" being used for?
Ever heard of a thing called drawing over apps? Or using two apps simultaneously such as Go4 & Airmap? They have to see and read each other in order to sync up. Just because 'you' may not want it to cache locally does not mean that someone else is going to be the same as the choices you make. They are trying to blanket as many things as possible, in which case they add stuff that not everyone is going to use, but could.

This thread is becoming pretty hilarious, so many paranoias about drone data and aerial photography it makes me laugh. We as a society are so open with the internet, phone hacks, alexa, cameras on streets & interstates everywhere, global satellites that can zoom in and see you like they're perched 10 feet above. If foreign governments wanted to snoop on your drone data that would seem pretty trivial compared to the high tech methods used by the Intelligence agency's in the world. Those of you who are seriously concerned should buy a toy drone without data transmission or the alternative maybe change your lifestyle to that of a hermit with zero technology, no phone, no internet, no devices with cams or mics. Maybe consider joining the Amish lifestyle and live a simple existence?
You’re absolutely correct about all the technology in our lives currently and how our data is easily accessible to almost anyone who wants to access it.
Personally I’m not concerned about my data (i.e., flight records) being accessed by anyone because I am not breaking any regulations or anything else. If you don’t have anything to hide why worry about it? Just my humble opinion.
;)

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ