DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight logs on the Mavic Mini

Rusty105

Reactions
So, this being my first DJI drone, does the Mini have flight logging abiility, and how does one download/erase these logs?

untill we get the app we wont know if it has that, they are linked to your dji account when you set up your first DJI drone and once you have set up drone and controller to the app they are there for ever in the cloud even though i sold my phantom several months ago my flight log for the phantom still shows up in the app

Reactions: Thomas B
To finally answer the OP: the app offers flight logging incl cloud sync - but I don't know about any download possibilities, might be available from your DJI account page

The Mavic Mini flight logs are now supported on Airdata.com. If you haven't tried Airdata before, please check it out. There's a free plan and it's very easy to get started.

Last edited:
Any idea why the flight logs in the MM every time it loses GPS signal thinks it is in the middle of the Atlantic?
My flight log of 4 minutes and 17 meters, includes three quick jumps to the island of St Tome e Prince, in the coast of Africa.
If DJI invented teleportation for drones, I'm the next Amazon! ?

Any idea why the flight logs in the MM every time it loses GPS signal thinks it is in the middle of the Atlantic?
As you said, there is no GPS, so the FC logic defaults back to Lat 0° and Long 0° (0,0)
And that coordinates are west of Africa. (Where the Equator crosses the Prime Meridian)

Can you post one of those flight logs here?

As you said, there is no GPS, so the FC logic defaults back to Lat 0° and Long 0° (0,0)
And that coordinates are west of Africa. (Where the Equator crosses the Prime Meridian)
I would second that (Google Maps 0,0).
Actually I'd say it is a small glitch in the logging software/firmware: instead of not logging a point without GPS signal they record zero values - completely forgetting that 0,0 is a valid geographical position (and zero does not equal null value)

Reactions: dbyantis
The Mavic Mini flight logs are now supported on Airdata.com. If you haven't tried Airdata before, please check it out. There's a free plan and it's very easy to get started.
I downloaded to .DAT file from my MM and uploaded it to airdata but got "Please upload only 'txt', 'csv', 'tsv', 'log' or 'zip' log files (could not recognize file type or file is too big). "
I tried to upload it here but the file is to large 89Mb

So I have the file here EXPORT_FILE_2019-11-13_15-12-08.DAT

Last edited:
I downloaded to .DAT file from my MM and uploaded it to airdata but got "Please upload only 'txt', 'csv', 'tsv', 'log' or 'zip' log files (could not recognize file type or file is too big). "
I tried to upload it here but the file is to large 89Mb

So I have the file here EXPORT_FILE_2019-11-13_15-12-08.DAT

Maybe try changing the extension from .DAT to .TXT and see if you can view it (or make a copy, then change the extension).

I just tried that but the file is to large.
The easy way is to 'link' your DJI account with Airdata.

In Airdata: Goto My Account -> DJI login and enter your DJI credentials.

If the flights on your MM have been synced to the DJI servers in GO4 DJI Fly app, these flights show up in Airdata after a few minutes.

Then you can visualize the flight(s) in Airdata.

Edit: Exchanged GO4 to DJi Fly

Last edited:
The easy way is to 'link' your DJI account with Airdata.

In Airdata: Goto My Account -> DJI login and enter your DJI credentials.

If the flights on your MM have been synced to the DJI servers in GO4 app, these flights show up in Airdata after a few minutes.

Then you can visualize the flight(s) in Airdata.
Thanks for your help, I have added my DJI login details to Airdata.

I'm a bit confused you mention the GO4 App, I thought the MM used the new DJI Fly App.

Do I have to fly using the GO4 app to upload my log files to Airdata.

Thanks for your help, I have added my DJI login details to Airdata.

I'm a bit confused you mention the GO4 App, I thought the MM used the new DJI Fly App.

Do I have to fly using the GO4 app to upload my log files to Airdata.
My fault, you have to use DJI Fly with the Mavic Mini.

So, this being my first DJI drone, does the Mini have flight logging abiility, and how does one download/erase these logs?
You can download the log file from the drone using DJI 2 Assistant.

I have done so, but I don't know anything that will read it.

You can download the log file from the drone using DJI 2 Assistant.

I have done so, but I don't know anything that will read it.
ExtractDJI can be used to extract the contents of EXPORT_FILE_2019-11-13_15-12-08.DAT which produced FLY001.DAT through FLY016.DAT. After a quick look at these .DATs it would appear they are probably encrypted. At least they are not encoded using the scheme used by previous DJI platforms. There are a few more things to check but I'm not hopeful that the Mavic Mini .DATs can be read.

Has anybody managed to retrieve a .DAT from the tablet? Here are the instructions showing how to retrieve a .DAT when the DJI Go App 4 is used.
Retrieving a V3.DAT from the tablet

ExtractDJI can be obtained by installing either CsvView or DatCon.
CsvView Downloads

Reactions: sar104
The AC DAT files are unreadable on the MA and M2 as well.

The files used to sync with DJI were files with TXT extension but not plain text data so don't try using Wordpad with it. They are reasonably sized and usually contain enough info for most analysis. Think of the DAT file as the verbose log.

Airdata only uses the TXT files. You need datcon for the DAT files.

Reactions: JS1600
Airdata also supports DAT files (including the Mavic Pro) - DAT flight log upload instructions for DJI drones | Airdata UAV , but yes, most people use TXT files because it's a lot easier to get to Airdata automatically:
Airdata App - Airdata UAV (new!)
and
HD Sync App - Airdata UAV

Does AirData support mobile device DAT files - that page only refers to aircraft DAT files? It was taking them in a beta version that didn't process all the fields correctly, but I can't see anything about that now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife