DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight maneuvers Practice

redserv

Reactions
Guys I am looking for some flight maneuver videos that shows the RC stick movements of basic and advance flying. Can you guys help please? Thanks in advance.

Do a youtube search for..Advanced stick moves flying a dji drone..and you will see many .
Just looked and they are there.
Good luck.

Reactions: Porky
No problem, was just watching this one and is interesting .

I am still a new pilot and really want to learn some basic flying techniques

I am still a new pilot and really want to learn some basic flying techniques
Well they are in that search if you look that one was kinda advanced .

Thanks again Dirk, this is exactly what I am looking for, Appreciated the help.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks again Dirk, this is exactly what I am looking for, Appreciated the help.
Good luck,fly safe and watch out for those blasted trees. :)

Reactions: Porky
Yeah I have mine set so the expo's are where I'm good with that it's the doing distance runs for 3 years that has me messed up now. I want to stay wide open with the right stick so I tend to just go to fast .
Hard habit to break but getting there.:)

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Hi there!

There is a very good Youtube channel called "Drone Film Guide" I recommend:
Drone Film Guide

One of the tutorials explains the best settings for smooth cinematic filmmaking. I took note for you as follows:

GIMBAL
- Gimbal pitch speed: 11
- Enable upwards gimbal tilt limit: yes
- Gimbal pitch smoothness: 20
- Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow: no

EXP SETTINGS
- throttle up: 0,25
- rudder right: 0,1
- forward right: 0,15

SENSITIVITY
- yaw movement limit: 50

The settings work very good for me, once you get used to it. Obviously, it`s not for everyone and intended for taking cinematic shots. Not for fast moving or racing to impress your friends!

The tutorial is here:
It explains a lot of settings (video settings, fps, style and color, exposure, ISO, focus, etc.). In the last part it explains the cinematic movement settings.

I really recommend the channel.

Regards.

In terms of gaining and improving my flying skills, I just kept experimenting. Climb the drone to an altitude well above surrounding obstacles and practice flying in circles (clockwise and counter-clockwise), doing figure eights and also manoeuvring whilst ascending and descending.

If I owned an Xbox or similar Games console I would get one of the quadcopter simulators that are available. I tried a couple on the iPad but didn't find them realistic enough due to the lack of a physical controller mechanism.

Can't say if any of these tips are covered in the above refernces:
Assuming you can see your average horizon in the distance, if the top of an object you are approaching is below the horizon line, you should clear it. Works even when camera is tilted down.

When disoriented in heading when viewing VLOS, push right stick up to fly forward. Which ever direction it is going, push left stick in that direction until it stops moving. It is now flying towards you. If it isn't moving left or right when you fly forward, pick a direction to yaw. If it starts moving in that direction, it was flying away from you.

Reactions: Dennynh
When disoriented in heading when viewing VLOS, push right stick up to fly forward. Which ever direction it is going, push left stick in that direction until it stops moving. It is now flying towards you. If it isn't moving left or right when you fly forward, pick a direction to yaw. If it starts moving in that direction, it was flying away from you.

The other really easy thing you can do if you become disoriented is to press the "Return to Home" (RTH) button. You can then cancel RTH when you are ready to take manual control again.

Love it but sadly it doesn't look like the Mavic Pro is supported :-(
Well stick moves still might be helpful and really went through it quick and saw this
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 8.45.17 PM.png and thought it was . Would be nice though but I'm on a Mac so wouldn't do me any good anyway.

Well stick moves still might be helpful and really went through it quick and saw this
View attachment 51876 and thought it was . Would be nice though but I'm on a Mac so wouldn't do me any good anyway.

Sorry, I meant that the Mavic Pro controller is not supported by the app.

Excerpt from the FAQ follows:-

5. What remote controllers does the Flight Simulator support?

Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Lightbridge 2, M600 Pro and Mavic Air. Support for the Mavic 2 series remote controllers is coming soon.

Think that I posted is something new coming out.
Maybe I read it wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan