DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight maneuvers Practice

Think that I posted is something new coming out.
Maybe I read it wrong.

It's available. I downloaded and installed the free version of the app on my Windows 10 PC. Unfortunately, the controller won't connect and the app doesn't show any of the menu items. There are no instructions apart from the FAQ as far as I can tell. Oh well, you win some .......

That Sucks, we need to get some programmers to jig up something :)

The other really easy thing you can do if you become disoriented is to press the "Return to Home" (RTH) button. You can then cancel RTH when you are ready to take manual control again.
Well of course there's that, but you're not flying it anymore.

Well of course there's that, but you're not flying it anymore.

Sure - as I said, "Easy". In reality, I don't believe there are many who would remember the technique you posted - especially when they are in a panic caused by not knowing which way the drone is headed. Getting the drone out of trouble ASAP is all most people are going to be caring about IMHO.

Though in saying that I suppose a lot depends on why someone buys a drone in the first place. Those whose primary interest is in photography are probably going to use more of the automated functions such as RTH and Tripod whereas the hardcore aviators will want to become expert pilots by doing everything manually.

It's available. I downloaded and installed the free version of the app on my Windows 10 PC. Unfortunately, the controller won't connect and the app doesn't show any of the menu items. There are no instructions apart from the FAQ as far as I can tell. Oh well, you win some .......
Yeah, sort of the same. Installed, but even when logged into my account, thats it, does nothing more. I can adjust the quality settings, and see the pdf, but nothing else.
Connecting the controller does nothing.
At the bottom, it says 'install' but its already installed, and the location is wrong, but 'modify' that to the correct place, and still no go.Untitled.jpg

Yeah, sort of the same. Installed, but even when logged into my account, thats it, does nothing more. I can adjust the quality settings, and see the pdf, but nothing else.
Connecting the controller does nothing.
At the bottom, it says 'install' but its already installed, and the location is wrong, but 'modify' that to the correct place, and still no go.

That is exactly the same as what happened on my PC. Hopefully, they might add support for the Mavic Pro at a later date.

I've seen a you tube vid of a bloke using a mavic pro controller. I think this is a different problem. The sim is not working at all??
Did you get an error message???

I've seen a you tube vid of a bloke using a mavic pro controller. I think this is a different problem. The sim is not working at all??
Did you get an error message???

Thanks, and I thought I was onto a winner when I started the app today and it prompted me to update. Following the update, there is no change. Simulator still won't run - I need to check my PC hardware specs. The computer is a low-end HP notebook so the video card may not be up to scratch.

OK, so now it's nearly working. It seems to want to install the program in a top-level folder named "DFS" under the root directory - e.g. C:\DFS. Now I have the START button but then it prompted for installation of DirectX which I did but it didn't work properly because the simulator won't start because a couple of DLL files are missing.

I'm currently googling how to reinstall or repair DirectX. Oh the joy of bug fixing operating system issues :-(

I just hope we get Mavic Platinum Pro RC support soon.

Direct-X has been part of Windows for some time if I'm not mistaken. Did they write this sim for XP?

Direct-X has been part of Windows for some time if I'm not mistaken. Did they write this sim for XP?

Getting there. I downloaded - XAPOFX1_5.dll and X3DAudio1_7.dll - from www.dll-files.com. There are plenty of links pointing to the issue of these two files being missing. Now the simulator runs but I can't get the controller (Mavic Pro) to work with it. Geez, I really should be doing some real work but am now obsessed with getting this thing to work :)

This sim will run only on Windows 10.

OK - I'm pretty much done with this thing. I did all of the stuff that the guy put in the comments below the video that @Simmo posted but still no success with the Mavic Pro controller. I didn't get the same device names as mentioned and the new one that popped up when I plugged in the controller wouldn't let me update the driver - indicating that the best driver was already installed.

I'll now simply wait to see if anyone else reports that they can successfully use the Mavic Pro controller with this Simulator.

Reactions: Simmo
I was hoping that you got it working, thanks for the effort. I will keep my fingers crossed that we get Mavic pro/platinum support in a future update.

Reactions: deleted member 877
I might have another play today??
Did you get this error???

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 3
For a fun exercise get two traffic cones place them about 15' to 20' apart then practice flying a figure 8 around the two cones. Nose in orientation and then nose out.
You'll gain a lot of confidence if you can master this and it'll be a big help for filming.
Scenery is cool but having a subject adds a whole other dimension. Keeping the subject in frame whilst changing the UAV orientation makes an exciting shot.

For a fun exercise get two traffic cones place them about 15' to 20' apart then practice flying a figure 8 around the two cones. Nose in orientation and then nose out.
You'll gain a lot of confidence if you can master this and it'll be a big help for filming.
Scenery is cool but having a subject adds a whole other dimension. Keeping the subject in frame whilst changing the UAV orientation makes an exciting shot.
Thank you very much for that advice. Do you have a video showing this or have a link where this is done on yt?

Thank you very much for that advice. Do you have a video showing this or have a link where this is done on yt?
No video, it's the practice I used to do ~6 years ago, before I had a camera on my F550. It's an easy thing to set up and try but hard to do. Took me a long time and I've not tried in awhile, but now that you've reminded me I think I need to find an open field. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13