DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Planning

That’s really unfortunate. Creating well constructed flight lines feels impossible.

One other thing: is there anyway to create a flight path without turning on the drone?

Reactions: Rchawks
That’s really unfortunate. Creating well constructed flight lines feels impossible.

One other thing: is there anyway to create a flight path without turning on the drone?
Not sure what you have exactly in mind but now with the latest firmware you can plan your mission using waypoints. With RC Pro ( not sure about the basic controller) I can do this at home without needing to turn the drone on. The maps unfortunatelly are not very detailed, so precise planning over a small area would be a "challenge" I think.

Reactions: Rchawks
Seems I remember someone using a laptop to plan a mission for Dronelink, I'm not sure what model would be compatible for that.

Not sure what you have exactly in mind but now with the latest firmware you can plan your mission using waypoints. With RC Pro ( not sure about the basic controller) I can do this at home without needing to turn the drone on. The maps unfortunatelly are not very detailed, so precise planning over a small area would be a "challenge" I think.
It works with DJI RC have not tried with RC N1 controller I also agree about Low res maps

No problem doing it at home with the RC-N1. Detailed map too :cool:

Reactions: E.151 and GadgetGuy
Seems I remember someone using a laptop to plan a mission for Dronelink, I'm not sure what model would be compatible for that.
I believe it's possible to plan a mission with the drone offline while using the 3E as the model, then copy the file and directly drop it into the appropriate location on android, to trick the system. It's a bit technical, but I seem to remember reading someone that explained how to do it a couple weeks ago. Something that I thought about researching further, but I think I'll just wait patiently for six more months and see if we get an SDK for the M3.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

I managed to create and save a flight path on my phone using the flyapp without the drone and RC-N1 connected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard