DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Flight with mini2 in atlantic forest Brazil, passing by old train tracks

If this is one of your first flights then I would suggest it is a rather difficult and perhaps risky flight path for a newbie.
The problems I can imagine are
a) the unexpected loss of GPS signal caused by being 'under' those trees (if you had GPS in the first place) and or the loss of Visual Positioning due to intermittent? and or low lighting levels. The loss of both of these would leave the drone in ATTI mode, in which it would be difficult for a newbie to avoid crashing under those trees.
b) whilst under those trees anything that triggered an RTH would probably result in its climbing into branches. (If you had no or insufficient GPS RTH would not be available)
c) as you yourself followed the drone, any successful RTH would return the drone to the takeoff point and NOT TO YOU unless you know how to intermittently reset the home point as you move. It is possible to reset the home point ffrom time to time as you move about, do you know how to do this?

The above are just 'technical' points and I think you did well to negotiate the forest path, I wouldn't like to try it.

I have no comments about the videoing ...............BUT................

from 15:35 onwards I am disturbed by you flying that close to people that I suspect were uninvolved with the flight. If I am correct in that they were uninvolved then I think that was bad flying, to me the women do not look comfortable with the drone being there and such flying does not enhance the general public's perception of drones and their use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jonzinho
If this is one of your first flights then I would suggest it is a rather difficult and perhaps risky flight path for a newbie.
The problems I can imagine are
a) the unexpected loss of GPS signal caused by being 'under' those trees (if you had GPS in the first place) and or the loss of Visual Positioning due to intermittent? and or low lighting levels. The loss of both of these would leave the drone in ATTI mode, in which it would be difficult for a newbie to avoid crashing under those trees.
b) whilst under those trees anything that triggered an RTH would probably result in its climbing into branches. (If you had no or insufficient GPS RTH would not be available)
c) as you yourself followed the drone, any successful RTH would return the drone to the takeoff point and NOT TO YOU unless you know how to intermittently reset the home point as you move. It is possible to reset the home point ffrom time to time as you move about, do you know how to do this?

The above are just 'technical' points and I think you did well to negotiate the forest path, I wouldn't like to try it.

I have no comments about the videoing ...............BUT................

from 15:35 onwards I am disturbed by you flying that close to people that I suspect were uninvolved with the flight. If I am correct in that they were uninvolved then I think that was bad flying, to me the women do not look comfortable with the drone being there and such flying does not enhance the general public's perception of drones and their use.
They all are involved, the girl is my gf. Thanks so much by the tips, nice to know that is possible to reset the home point.

You need to edit 17.25 minutes of vision to circa 2.30 minutes. I know it’s tough at first, but the reality is not many folk will watch even the best footage for much longer than that unless it’s spectacular!

Reactions: jonzinho
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929