DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fluidity FT Aviator

Dynamically-balanced "Z-mechanism? That’s what I cannot figure out. How does that work?

It's one of our embedded patented technologies that physically links the movement (in/out) of your index finger relative to a thumb loop on the top of the stick (up/down). To ascend you can either pull up on your thumb via a loop, or squeeze in with your index finger. To descend you press down with your thumb, as your index finger is pushed out. It's a very comfortable balance derived from lots of human factors testing. I'll post a short video to demonstrate it on our site, hopefully later today.

Ok now that’s cool!
You could rotate right fly left and climb with one hand.

You got it... It's really cool to be able to make precise, simultaneous and independent multi-axis inputs. And did I mention how much fun it is?!

Ok this guy wants to help you a little!
I know you have Netflix go to the movie (the 6th day) actually a kinda good movie!!! ff to 8min 55 seconds into the movie. I think this is what you guys are trying to do. I would probably buy one if I could do that.

Looks like a very interesting way to control the drone. I’d be keen on backing if I wasn’t on the wrong side of the ocean

Hi gimphoto,

Thanks for your thoughtful note and observations. The FT Aviator will work with both iOS and Android, and, as such, compatibility with the Moverio (which runs on Android) is very much on our radar. As a fixed wing pilot to start, I wanted to create a means of remotely flying a drone that gave me a real sense of being onboard the craft, so pairing with a capability like Moverio is really appealing. With our FT Aviator you'll feel your command inputs to your Mavic, and coupled with the onboard video you'll be much more immersed in your flying.

We will be working tirelessly to create new and improved capabilities for this rapidly evolving DJI ecosystem which includes Moverio, DJI goggles and many other innovations yet to come.

We'll be continuing to add visuals to our website (www.fluidity.tech) and our Kickstarter page (FT Aviator: A Revolutionary Single-Handed Drone Controller) to show the Fluidity system in work. If you look back on our KS page you'll see photos of the harness in use, and I plan to post a blog on the detailed use of the FT Aviator's flight controls in a day or two.
Hey Scott...thanks for that. I see how it all fits together. I would wonder about two things:
1) The Moverios have a vertical device and it looks like the attachment for the phone is horizontal. Does it rotate to a vertical orientation? If not, it would make the touchpad unusable.
2) The harness looks to be balanced on a central link to your neck. I have a Titan Switch antenna system, which tends to be front-heavy. How would that work with the harness?

Thanks,
- Gary

Looks like a very interesting way to control the drone. I’d be keen on backing if I wasn’t on the wrong side of the ocean

Very sorry that we're not yet able to support international customers as we first launch. We do aim to stand up international distribution and customer support in the second quarter of 2019.

Reactions: beach_Dr
With that locked on your arm you cannot control roll.
Hmm
Sometimes things just look cool in the movies.

Looking forward to seeing the movie you mentioned. Thankfully with the FT Aviator you're unencumbered, and you have full pitch, yaw, roll and Z (up/down) authority while on the move...

Hey Scott...thanks for that. I see how it all fits together. I would wonder about two things:
1) The Moverios have a vertical device and it looks like the attachment for the phone is horizontal. Does it rotate to a vertical orientation? If not, it would make the touchpad unusable.
2) The harness looks to be balanced on a central link to your neck. I have a Titan Switch antenna system, which tends to be front-heavy. How would that work with the harness?

Thanks,
- Gary

Thanks, Gary. We have an iPad adapter that we hope to make available this spring, possibly even by the time we ship. I believe this could serve as your Moverio base (once the technical details for integration are addressed). As for the Titan Switch, I'm not familiar with it, but based on a quick search I see its general size and how it typically mounts. We do have a prototype shoulder bag - we call it the "murse - that we're using with our larger DJI radios (doubling as a soft carrying case, when the FT Aviator is not in use). I believe it could support flight with the Titan Switch, but I don't want to promise anything until we get our hands on one. Hope this helps...

Scott

I’m convinced to give this a go, but like quite a few others, I’m not only on wrong continent, but also wrong hemisphere.
I train a lot of first time users in the education sector, and would love to see how this goes as an initial control system to learn for the kids
Also see huge potential for some dissabled students or elderly that I have worked wit, that can’t manipulate existing controllers.

Last edited:
Thanks, Gary. We have an iPad adapter that we hope to make available this spring, possibly even by the time we ship. I believe this could serve as your Moverio base (once the technical details for integration are addressed). As for the Titan Switch, I'm not familiar with it, but based on a quick search I see its general size and how it typically mounts. We do have a prototype shoulder bag - we call it the "murse - that we're using with our larger DJI radios (doubling as a soft carrying case, when the FT Aviator is not in use). I believe it could support flight with the Titan Switch, but I don't want to promise anything until we get our hands on one. Hope this helps...

Scott
Thanks Scott...it seems that if you just take the adapter you have and allow the holder part to swivel 90 degrees, you'd accommodate the Moverio unit with ease. It's just a Portrait-oriented trackpad...so it can't be held landscape like a phone would. You would just need to rotate it so that it's oriented north south on the same plane as the phone would be, so that the trackpad orients properly. If your plastic holder allowed the phone mount to be spun 90, it would likely work.

The "Murse" idea sounds a bit kludgy...perhaps a lightweight, but rigid holder that not only connects to a lanyard, but maybe also to your belt? That would stop it from rocking forward. I attached Command strips and hooks to the back of my Titan amplifier and then hook a lanyard to those...that works great for the unit when you're holding the controller. Maybe something like that would work with your lanyard(s).

If you need a guinea pig, I'd volunteer.

- Gary

One more question...it says 5 hr battery life...I assume this is a rechargeable battery. The in-the-box doesn't include a charger. What is the expectation?

How does that work?
If the kickstarter doesn’t hit its 50k?
Will they just refund the money?

I thought I'd put up $25 or so, not expecting any kind of break when they're released. But $225 minimum? Count me out. If they live up to their hype, I may end up buying one.

My guess would be:

USB - we all should have dozens of chargers lying around :)
Being someone who blew out his phone charging it accidentally with a speaker charger, I don't trust any brick that isn't provided with the device!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair