DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App 1.2.2 Adds Attitude Indicator

I still don't see the ios update. I might have to start the app and see if it appears.
I had to open the app store and look under purchased apps and open it there to see there was an update.

Reactions: Howard70
Hm, it is very similar to Hubsan Zino orientation indicator...Actually I liked this in X-Hubsan apk...

Last edited:
I haven't seen the 1.2.2 update for my area yet but like the idea of having a new orientation indicator. Just curious whether or not it will work correctly with a Wi-Fi only iPad Mini 5. Can anyone confirm?

I haven't seen the 1.2.2 update for my area yet but like the idea of having a new orientation indicator. Just curious whether or not it will work correctly with a Wi-Fi only iPad Mini 5. Can anyone confirm?
Yes it will function with a WiFi only iPad mini 5. That’s what I fly with.

Reactions: Peshoa
For IOS, sometimes updates do NOT automatically refresh. they do over time. but not perhaps when your looking for the update you just heard about and you look, and its either not there, or perhaps its a previous version if you have not installed that update for some reason. Its also possible its really new, it may not be available in your area yet.. So to make sure things are refreshed in the app update list, do the following..

Open the App Store, tap on your Account Icon on the upper left and then tap and hold. sliding your finger down the screen a inch or two, you should see a spinning icon like this one attached below at the top of the screen for a few seconds....
1608955823111.png
Then you; should see that you have a number of new updates if you have not recently updated everything already. If you had an older version of App that you had not updated yet, the new version will show up.

Hope this helps..

Reactions: Howard70 and ErikDF
1.2.2 is available for download from DJI. COM support for both Android and IOS....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-26-08-04-26-074_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-26-08-04-26-074_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Pappy
1.2.2 is available for download from DJI. COM support for both Android and IOS....

If this is already available on the DJI website, I wonder what is taking them so long to simply post this on the Playstore? ?

I am waiting for this to be available on Google Playstore so that updating will be easier.

Don't see it in the AppStore in my area so downloaded the 1.2.2 update direct from DJI using my iPad Mini 5. No problems, no issues. My thinking is why wait for it to be available from the AppStore when it can be downloaded directly from DJI and is likely better that way. After all it's a "DJI" application upgrade, right?

Don't see it in the AppStore in my area so downloaded the 1.2.2 update direct from DJI using my iPad Mini 5. No problems, no issues. My thinking is why wait for it to be available from the AppStore when it can be downloaded directly from DJI and is likely better that way. After all it's a "DJI" application upgrade, right?
If this was on Playstore, I would just go to the DJI Fly App, click the update button and it installs automatically. All done in two steps.

If I have to go to the DJI website, then I have to go through a lot of their buttons before getting to the download page and the app. Then after downloading, I have to do more steps to allow their APK to be installed on my phone as it is not a "trusted source" or it is an unknown source. And after installing, I need to go back to my files and delete that APK file (all 280+mb) so that I can free precious space on my phone.

This is what I meant that it would have been easier to just post the update on the Playstore ;)

Last edited:
I have the DJI download page bookmarked on my iPad Mini 5, so it's one click to select iOS or Android, one click to start the download and a last click to install, done. ? :)

I have the DJI download page bookmarked on my iPad Mini 5, so it's one click to select iOS or Android, one click to start the download and a last click to install, done. ? :)
I am using a Samsung A51 5G so it is a bit more challenging.

But you do have the right idea and why wait. If DJI is too lazy to post this on Playstore, then we will have to get this ourselves ?

By the way, I was able to install 1.2.2 on my android phone already (yes, I went through all those steps, whew!) and took it for a flight.

So far, no issues at all notwithstanding the fact that the Samsung A51 5G is not one of the supported Samsung phones listed by DJI in its website. ;):)

I am using a Samsung A51 5G so it is a bit more challenging.

But you do have the right idea and why wait. If DJI is too lazy to post this on Playstore, then we will have to get this ourselves ?

By the way, I was able to install 1.2.2 on my android phone already (yes, I went through all those steps, whew!) and took it for a flight.

So far, no issues at all notwithstanding the fact that the Samsung A51 5G is not one of the supported Samsung phones listed by DJI in its website. ;):)
Yup, it's like the proverbial phrase "If the mountain will not come to Muhammad . . ." ? Grad to hear you got it installed, test flown and no issues. ?

It was a very easy process to download and install the update from DJI's app download page on my Samsung Galaxy A71. I used the Chrome browser to navigate and download the update.

I then opened Google "Files" app and tapped on the downloaded file. If you try installing from the browser you will get an unsecured or unknown source (can't remember which), so use the "Files" app to install.

1608977587806.png

A prompt was displayed asking me if I wanted to install.

1608977681669.png

Tapped "Install" and that was it, the Fly app was updated to 1.2.2.

Reactions: tiwag
As I were updating the Fly App My IPad mini 4 would throw a processor type error and now with the latest Fly App update it throws it all the time now.

For IOS, sometimes updates do NOT automatically refresh. they do over time. but not perhaps when your looking for the update you just heard about and you look, and its either not there, or perhaps its a previous version if you have not installed that update for some reason. Its also possible its really new, it may not be available in your area yet.. So to make sure things are refreshed in the app update list, do the following..

Open the App Store, tap on your Account Icon on the upper left and then tap and hold. sliding your finger down the screen a inch or two, you should see a spinning icon like this one attached below at the top of the screen for a few seconds....
View attachment 120088
Then you; should see that you have a number of new updates if you have not recently updated everything already. If you had an older version of App that you had not updated yet, the new version will show up.

Hope this helps..
Thanks Macinfo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne