DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App upgrades

Slade

Reactions
Just wondering if DJI will upgrade the Fly App any further. I haven’t seen an update in quite some time. Happy flying.

It is expected that as software matures it gets updated less often, as it becomes more reliable and also gets closer to its feature goal.

Update cadence should go up as new products get released and need to be supported, debugged and improved.

It also depends on a dev team's available bandwidth (i.e, expertise, team size vs demand) to work on bugfixes, improvements and new features.

Also, it depends on what paradigm those teams follow. Is it scrum/agile, or waterfall? Do they aim to release small fixes/additions often or do they prefer to do bigger, richer releases every now and then?

I guess the only way to know is to ask DJI fly app Product Owner about how their dev lifecycle works.

Given that the M3 uses the Fly app I would say updates are inevitable for some time to come unless they are going to come out with a proper control app for the M3.

But if your current version works for you and has all the features that you want, .............why worry?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven