DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stealth upgrade props for M4P

InAz

Reactions
Has anyone gotten the stealth upgrade props for the M4P? I'm wondering if they're any good. Supposed to be quieter & more efficient.

Are you looking at a particular brand of props?

FWIW, no 3rd party props will make the Mini 4 Pro (or any DJI drone) stealthy. Some claim they might be a tad quieter, but everyone around you is still going to easily hear you flying ;)

Reactions: BigAl07 and Cafguy
They will just change the "Tone" of your props Not the Noise. I only know of one other prop besides O.E.M. that won't make your drone vibrate like crazy and those are Master Airscrews. I won't use any others besides those two..
Same here!

Would using aftermarket propellers void Care Refresh?
Would probably be difficult for DJI to determine what props were being used if and when damage occurred. I would not rule that idea out with the information that may be available to them through the flight data. (past my pay grade)

Reactions: Cafguy
Would probably be difficult for DJI to determine what props were being used if and when damage occurred. I would not rule that idea out with the information that may be available to them through the flight data. (past my pay grade)
I'm sure with the new update with side vision cameras able , that DJI could see the props you are using now .
Thoughts

If the second hand props failed somehow you would see an error code in the flight log 120652 ( Check props) BUT I don't think DJI would do much investigating. So unless you send it in with the aftermarket props installed I don't think they could prove you used them. I am pretty sure they assume you did.

I'm sure with the new update with side vision cameras able , that DJI could see the props you are using now .
Thoughts
I am sure they could always access the obstacle avoidance cameras’ data and visuals, before they ever gave us the ability to get limited visuals from those cameras ourselves.

Reactions: Torque
This video is talking about the Mini 2 props, but it's a good example showing how "super stealthy" Master Airscrew props are:

Would using aftermarket propellers void Care Refresh?
It depends.

If aftermarket props cause a crash, DJI states DJI Care Refresh will not cover the damage here in their Terms of Service:

1708829587594.png

I do think there is a sound advantage. With my Air2S I tested the MAS and OEM props. At ground level they were indeed the same decibel level, only the MAS were lower pitch. Much less scientific here, but then I did a few tests with each prop to max height where I could still hear the drone. I stopped hearing the drone at about 150 feet with the MAS and well over 300 feet with the higher pitch OEM. So in that respect I would give MAS the nod as a quieter prop. Keep in mind that any given day, you'd likely have a different experience here based on wind, temp, humidity and ambient sound, but I think the relatively anyone who repeated the test would confirm the higher pitch travels further and is more noticeable at a greater distance or altitude.

Last edited:
While I have yet to try my new Mini 4 Pro with the MAS rotor blades, I did have many opportunities to try both the OEM & MAS rotor blades on my Mini 3 Pro.

Both UAVs are very similar & take the same blades.

Did I use the scientific process, eliminating any other variables, & compare any differences in the sound level & pitch in a sound-proofed room, in a controlled environment, with sensitive microphones, send the results through a spectrum analyser & then document the results?

No.

Did I notice any difference in flight characteristics, such as speed (unlikely, as that's governed through the GPS) or altitude (unlikely, governed through the barometer) or total flight time (extremely difficult unless doing multiple tests in a closed & controlled environment)?

No.

But, I will say, definitely & without question — to me, at least — that the MAS rotor blades, while not sounding any different in volume, did have a lower pitch, although not by much.

I think that the lower pitch does result in a lower perceived volume to the human ear.

All the rest of the claims by MAS are mere marketing hype, IMO, & very difficult to quantify without using very controlled & specific scientific testing procedures, which I neither have the resources nor the inclination to pursue.

FYI, I did choose the black colour for the MAS rotor blades, as black has the highest resistance to UV damage from the sun.

Would I select 1 brand over the other?

That depends on cost, really — although, all else being equal, I would select the MAS blades — if they were much higher in price, I'd go with the OEM props, as there just isn't that much difference between them; I did buy a multiple set of MAS blades during a sale.

Doing a visual side-by-side comparison, the MAS blades do appear to have a slightly higher blade area — width — & that might contribute to their lower pitch.

But, due to the dimensions of the drones, there just isn't any more room to increase the rotor blade length = swept diameter, which would likely further improve the sound performance.

There's my experiences & observations, for what they're worth.

Attachments

• DJI_0609.MP4_snapshot_01.02.929.jpg
    DJI_0609.MP4_snapshot_01.02.929.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Xitor
I think that the lower pitch does result in a lower perceived volume to the human ear.

Exactly, and that perception is more observable at distance. AKA you'll notice the OEM props at a lower altitude and closer distance than you would the MAS props.

Last edited:
Reactions: BroomRider
FYI, I did choose the black colour for the MAS rotor blades, as black has the highest resistance to UV damage from the sun.
I've always bought MAS blades for their colors - helps me easily spot the drone if I happen to land in a tree or the bush.
But I just bought the black blades for my Air 3. I did a black Wrapgrade skin on the drone last week, and it just needed black props! That high gloss black is really nice.

Now, MAS has come out with their “Super Stealth” blades…

DJI Mini 4 / 3 Pro SUPER STEALTH Upgrade Propellers

vs

DJI Mini 3 Pro / 4 Pro STEALTH Upgrade Propellers

(Did I mention, I'm partial to black? Cue the music: Black Magic Woman )

Has anyone found or seen any (noise level) comparison between the OEM vs Stealth vs Super Stealth blades?

Not that I've been keeping an eye on MAS, so I don't know how new, or recently, they came out with these, but I did happen to stumble upon a YT video, testing them.

MAS themselves state that while the Super variant is quieter still (I tend to discount manufacturer hype), they, & the author of the video, also state that they don't seem to handle quite as sharply or accurately as the Stealth type.

As for comparisons, I'd love to see a comparison between all 3 types.

I have the Mini 3 Pro & the Mini 4 Pro & can confirm that the MAS Stealth blades do have a reduction in perceived sound volume.

Reactions: Torque
As well you should. What slight amount of difference in sound and performance(or lack there of)isn’t worth the expense. Your results may vary.
There are sometimes sales on the MAS prop blades which make them lower cost than the O.E.M. prop blades.

The last time I bought the MAS “Stealth” prop blades, they were on sale, & I did get them for less vs the DJI OEM prop blades.

Besides, even if the MAS prop blades were a wee bit more expensive, I'd still buy them, as they do make a definite difference in the perceived volume of the drone, in my experience.

So far, for me, I haven't noticed any of the other benefits claimed by MAS — the perceived noise reduction is enough for me.

Doing several searches using a few different keywords, I see more on ScrewTube confirming that the MAS “Stealth” prop blades are quieter than the DJI OEM prop blades, than I do, claiming the opposite.

I've found next to none specifically on the Super Stealth version of the MAS prop blades — likely, due to their being relatively recent, & sadly, none testing all 3 in comparison.

Most of what I have found, have been subjective, & very few if any using any kind of scientific method, such as in a closed environment, with both a decibel meter, & a spectrum analyser.

Likely, in the future, more will be available, but since MAS' claim of their “Stealth” prop blades being quieter, seem to have been confirmed, I'm tending to accept the MAS claim that their “Super Stealth” variant to be quieter still.

I don't operate my UAVs inside, nor in very close proximity to things at any appreciable speed, nor in any kind of obstacle course.

I don't see the claim that they might not handle as well nor with as much accuracy, to be as much, if any, issue for me.

Ofc, YMMV.

Reactions: Torque and Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian