DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App V1.7.4

sucks....now, I have uninstalled from my phone - so where can I find a previous version? thanks for the help....
yes, tried the link for old versions on the DJI site and it's not working either...go figure

Reactions: LoudThunder
A new version of Fly App just came out. Version 1.7.4
I have a Mini 2 and I downloaded the New DJI Fly App Version 1.7.4 onto my two devices, both Android, a Galaxy Tab A8 and a Galaxy Tab S2. The App runs just fine on my A8, it's relatively new, with a 10" Screen, 4GB Ram, 64 GB Storage, and running Android Version 11.0.

However, on the S2, a 2017 Model, with an 8" Screen, 3 GB Ram, 32 GB Storage, Android Version 6.0, the App runs then crashes (App says it's stopped and needs restarting…). I restart the App, it runs for a bit and crashes again and again… I flew yesterday using the S2, before updating to the new version and it worked perfectly. Today, no way…

I sure hope it isn't the App needing something that the old Tablet cannot provide… I was really upset last year when I renewed my subscription to Norton Anti-Virus 360 (10 licenses for the computers, phones, tablets, etc…) and I found out that Norton no longer supports any devices with android version less than Ver 8… So it will not run on my S2 Tablet…

And I'm hoping the Fly App has not "out-grown" my S2 too. With it's 8" screen, great color, very bright screen, and it is a relatively light tablet, on 8 ounces. The A8, with it's 10" screen, is not as bright, and a whole lot heavier, 19 ounces.

Below is a screen shot of the all the info I can find on the Update…

Screenshot_20220915-161503.png

Reactions: Grazuncle
Would crash over and over on my RC Pro - caused me to miss a great lightning show before I figured out how to get back to 1.7.0. I have never hesitated updating an app but will from now on with DJI.

I have a Mini 2 and I downloaded the New DJI Fly App Version 1.7.4 onto my two devices, both Android, a Galaxy Tab A8 and a Galaxy Tab S2. The App runs just fine on my A8, it's relatively new, with a 10" Screen, 4GB Ram, 64 GB Storage, and running Android Version 11.0.

However, on the S2, a 2017 Model, with an 8" Screen, 3 GB Ram, 32 GB Storage, Android Version 6.0, the App runs then crashes (App says it's stopped and needs restarting…). I restart the App, it runs for a bit and crashes again and again… I flew yesterday using the S2, before updating to the new version and it worked perfectly. Today, no way…

I sure hope it isn't the App needing something that the old Tablet cannot provide… I was really upset last year when I renewed my subscription to Norton Anti-Virus 360 (10 licenses for the computers, phones, tablets, etc…) and I found out that Norton no longer supports any devices with android version less than Ver 8… So it will not run on my S2 Tablet…

And I'm hoping the Fly App has not "out-grown" my S2 too. With it's 8" screen, great color, very bright screen, and it is a relatively light tablet, on 8 ounces. The A8, with it's 10" screen, is not as bright, and a whole lot heavier, 19 ounces.

Below is a screen shot of the all the info I can find on the Update…

View attachment 154783
This afternoon, I took my Mini 2 out with my Tab S2 and flew it in the yard, not more than 30 feet away. The App crashed three times during my 27-minute flight. At no time did I lose control of the drone. Even while the screen was blacked out during the reboot of the App, the drone responded without a hitch. The controller never lost contact with the drone.

For this test, I set up screen recording so I would have a record of everything that happened and when.

The first crash occurred at 4:25 into the flight and it took the App 29-seconds to reboot, but the battery timer lost one-minute, 4-seconds (1:04).

The second crash occurred 9:06 into the flight and it took the App 21-seconds to reboot and the battery count showed 40-seconds difference.

The last crash occurred at 18:31 into the flight and it took 23-seconds to reboot and the battery count lost 24 seconds…

The rest of the flight went normally. I've cleaned up a lot of the old files and performed a Setup, Device Maintenance and we'll see if this App version is just a bit more resource demanding…

This afternoon, I took my Mini 2 out with my Tab S2 and flew it in the yard, not more than 30 feet away. The App crashed three times during my 27-minute flight. At no time did I lose control of the drone. Even while the screen was blacked out during the reboot of the App, the drone responded without a hitch. The controller never lost contact with the drone.

For this test, I set up screen recording so I would have a record of everything that happened and when.

The first crash occurred at 4:25 into the flight and it took the App 29-seconds to reboot, but the battery timer lost one-minute, 4-seconds (1:04).

The second crash occurred 9:06 into the flight and it took the App 21-seconds to reboot and the battery count showed 40-seconds difference.

The last crash occurred at 18:31 into the flight and it took 23-seconds to reboot and the battery count lost 24 seconds…

The rest of the flight went normally. I've cleaned up a lot of the old files and performed a Setup, Device Maintenance and we'll see if this App version is just a bit more resource demanding…

I tried cleaning up the Galaxy Tab S2, I deleted old files and performed a Setup, Device Maintenance, in the hopes that the new App Version is just a bit more resource intensive…

I fired up everything again and within 5-minutes, I was "blessed" with this, again…

The one saving grace is that the App reboots on its own, I did not have to take any action…

I guess I will delete this version 1.7.4 and install an older version…

Screenshot_20220917-233758.png

I tried cleaning up the Galaxy Tab S2, I deleted old files and performed a Setup, Device Maintenance, in the hopes that the new App Version is just a bit more resource intensive…

I fired up everything again and within 5-minutes, I was "blessed" with this, again…

The one saving grace is that the App reboots on its own, I did not have to take any action…

I guess I will delete this version 1.7.4 and install an older version…

View attachment 154887

As they say in the Comics, "One More Time..."
I am posting this to provide the latest update to this "Upgrade" disaster…

I've Uninstalled Version 1.7.4., rebooted the Tablet, and installed an older version 1.6.12 and it runs perfectly without any issues, so far (Cross my fingers…).

I want to thank one of our members for saving and providing a link the older versions of the DJI Software.

THANK YOU -- MobileHomer!!!

This is the link to MobileHomer's Posting to where the DJI Apps are kept...

After installing this, my first flight with the Mavic 3 had a serious problem. It said suddenly said there was no GPS, but it was showing 24 satellites. Then it went into atti mode and became difficult to control. I was convinced it would crash, but I managed to get it home, just.

GavinHR is the one to thank.
Thank you for setting me straight, I saw your posting and I did not notice your note giving GavinHR credit for the Archive; but I'll still say thank you to you for sharing that information. It got me flying again!

Sorry if I'm a bother, working as a caregiver for my wife and the brain cells are tired, little time. I'm wondering if I can download to the sd card for the rc for easy access. From what I've read I'm scared to use Digital Assistant 2 for this.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: LoudThunder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky