DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Away Mavic Pro....ANY help, advice or even chastising... would be SO appreciated! Im a idiot!

jadedkingj

Reactions
I bought a Mavic pro 3 days ago... but only flew it for a minute yesturday. I was looking forward all day to finally getting to use my new "toy"... I started flying and everything seemed to be fine but after a couple mins, I started getting many errors including GSP and compass errors, thats when the Mavic seemed to loose control and took off. I searched where the flight record from my iphone said was its last location and nothing... i also tried to use find my drone... both show different locations for where to look. Im uploading the record.... PLEASE PLEASE give me some of your drone wisdom! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-01_[17-15-30].txt
    319.2 KB · Views: 35
I think we need the big boys on this one! You are in beginner mode yeah? Lost total gps health, then very quickly went into Atti. But everything seems ok??? AC responding... I dunno! I'm keen on learning from this one too!

I think we need the big boys on this one! You are in beginner mode yeah? Lost total gps health, then very quickly went into Atti. But everything seems ok??? AC responding... I dunno! I'm keen on learning from this one too!

I agree! I really hope you were conducting this flight in beginner mode. So sorry for your loss.

At the end of that log (260 s) it was only 55 ft away (to the SW) and 85 ft above ground level, horizontally stationary but climbing under full throttle. Presumably you could still hear and see it at that point? What did you do after that? I assume that you stopped applying full throttle?

There is no evidence of any connection problem prior to the end of the log. The aircraft did throw some yaw and compass errors and briefly enter ATTI mode for 3 s at 190 s, but after that it was back in GPS novice mode.

Here is a picture of the last recorded point and the assumed RTH path (yellow line) between it and where you took off. I wonder if the tablet DAT would provide any more? If it was just an app disconnect than it could potentially have moved a substantial distance from the last known spot. Flew away in beginner mode.PNG

Here is a picture of the last recorded point and the assumed RTH path (yellow line) between it and where you took off. I wonder if the tablet DAT would provide any more? If it was just an app disconnect than it could potentially have moved a substantial distance from the last known spot. View attachment 37058

It was in GPS mode, so I would have expected an RTH. I suspect that it landed on one of the roofs or in a tree. Time to send up another one to look for it.

Wow!! Thank you so much for replying so fast. I did ask the neighbors and they all checked there yards and i just went and bought a small cheap drone to take a look at the roofs. Is it normal for the "find my drone" location to be different then the last location on the route view? I uploaded a pic from the find my drone.... which is a couple houses down from the last location on the flight path.

Attachments

• IMG_5577.JPG
    IMG_5577.JPG
    510.8 KB · Views: 79
The neighbor right next door to me, whos roof and yard we thought it would be in.... it wasnt... and the little cheap drone i got is up on there roof now... this is the WORST!

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Wow that sucks! So you lost a second drone? I hope that you will get both of them back.

I would check out the area show on the find my drone. I don't see anything in the logs showing it flying down there, but the app may have gotten that info somehow later on. It's worth a shot.
At least it was in beginner mode and couldn't have gone far!

Last edited:
People that dont give updates on their posts drive me nuts, so heres where we are at... After searching for hours i figured out only an IDIOT (me) flies his brand new drone with zero experience in a neighborhood full of big trees, 2 story houses and many many metal pool enclosures. :) That being said.. I sent my flight info from my iphone to DJI support and just today I got a email back saying it was a warrenty issue and they are giving me a coupon for 100% off a Mavic Pro from there store. I am happy beyond words that my $1000 didnt fly away forever! Right after the email, I contacted my state farm agent and began the process of opening a insurance policy for $1000 for the drone! :) Thanks everyone for your comments and help!!

Reactions: BaNZ and FL1H1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661