DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fly away.... need to return to DJI

cornish pasty

Reactions
So i just had my mavic mini up and about and about 1 min into the flight it switches to gps and up and gone without controller input., the flight log shows no flight time or flight distance, why would this be? so now i need to return it to DJI do i leave the props on or remove?

Quote: ‘.... do i leave the props on or remove?’

Your a few days too late for April Fools. ;)

So i just had my mavic mini up and about and about 1 min into the flight it switches to gps and up and gone without controller input., the flight log shows no flight time or flight distance, why would this be? so now i need to return it to DJI do i leave the props on or remove?
Cool Chicken.gif

i watched the direction of flight, approx 50m away is a large tree bordering the field it went through the canopy and plummeted into an empty field, it was scalding hot on retrieval and the "find my drone buzz did work"

i watched the direction of flight, approx 50m away is a large tree bordering the field it went through the canopy and plummeted into an empty field, it was scalding hot on retrieval and the "find my drone buzz did work"
Ok well you didn't say you retrieved it in your op.
Download your txt and lets see what happened.
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Reactions: Capt KO

You took off before getting enough satellites locked for the FC to use GPS positioning - it never had more than 5. Whether that is a hardware problem or due to your location is impossible to tell from the log. It was using vision positioning for the entire recorded flight:

Status.png

In terms of control, the aircraft responded appropriately to all the stick inputs, of which you provided plenty:

Pitch.png

Climb.png

Yaw.png

If you contact DJI, they will probably ask for the flight logs, or more likely ask you to sync your flight data (if not already done automatically).

The analysis above indicates multiple pilot error though, nothing wrong with the mini unfortunately, so not sure they would want the drone back if they analyse the same as sar104 above (and they will).

Sorry for your loss, a steep learning curve.
I hope DJI offer you a token discount on a new mini body and battery, they sometimes do this (as a goodwill gesture).

Reactions: Lastrexking
Leave the props on so they’ll send you another set. I hope you bought Care Refresh.

Always wait for “ your home point has been updated“ before flight. You may now safely takeoff. Watch the number of satellites on your screen, as it reaches 8 you will get the voice message. Sometimes takes a minute or two. Fly safe

Last edited:
why do people allways say (no controller input) and then give flight logs to prove otherwise these posts are the most entertaining. need to start a forum LETS ASK SARS
When a thread is in this section you pretty much are asking him.

Been true for a while, I can see some masters apprentices coming along though !! :)
Good think too cause I think sar’s getting on up there in age.?
jk sar

why do people allways say (no controller input) and then give flight logs to prove otherwise these posts are the most entertaining. need to start a forum LETS ASK SARS
I think its called Panick Mode. I've been working on getting rid of that mode myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke