DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more bag

Droneguy18

Reactions
Mavic 2 Air arrived yesterday. My question is if I can keep the props on the drone in the bag that comes with the fly more package. It’s a very tight fit and I don’t want to damage props. Anyone able to fit Air 2 in the bag with props on? Thanks.

My question is if I can keep the props on the drone in the bag that comes with the fly more package
Can you? Yes. Should you? Not if you're concerned about putting unnecessary pressure on the props.

very well said, I would recommend a bag similar to the lowpro 200 aw , plenty of room for everything you will need, and also I always remove the props after I have finish flying for the day

Last edited:
I would avoid putting pressure on the props. GPC should be releasing a small hard case in the near future, and with their Mavic cases in the past, you could safely leave your props on and store it.

Mavic 2 Air arrived yesterday. My question is if I can keep the props on the drone in the bag that comes with the fly more package. It’s a very tight fit and I don’t want to damage props. Anyone able to fit Air 2 in the bag with props on? Thanks.
I do..
I kept the foam pad at the bottom of the Drone location in the bag. That reminds me to pack the drone that way DJI planned it to be packed with the top towards the side and the base towards the inside.
The props are aligned to get some basic support from the body both top and bottom.
A long as you don't pack the bag to compress the drone divider section it should be fine.

Also, the props are not thin like the mini.
The main problem I see with the Mini is folded the rear/bottom prop set has NO support from the body the float 4-5 mm off the bottom. The DJI case creates a gap so the props are not pressed against the body if folded Right. I have the DJI official Prop guard for if I need to pack the Mini in luggage when traveling as it fully protects the bottom props and lets a strap hold the top against the body. In my drone case I ONLY use the prop guard that has rubber trapezoid piece on the bottom with a slot to park those props level to their natural height.

The velcro warp "guards" and some cases press the rear props against the drone base on the mini and I think that creates some of the rear motor warnings.

On a side note. Why not super glue a piece of foam inside the case right under MM to give some clearance for the props.

On a side note. Why not super glue a piece of foam inside the case right under MM to give some clearance for the props.
Probably won't help or might make things worse. When quad is folded, there are props under and above the AC. FM case has baffles to keep the AC secured but spaces left to not press on the props on either side of the AC, assuming you have them folded properly that they don't get pressed on by the baffles.
Raising the AC in the case may allow a bit more clearance for the props below, but now you've left less room for the props above.

Probably won't help or might make things worse. When quad is folded, there are props under and above the AC. FM case has baffles to keep the AC secured but spaces left to not press on the props on either side of the AC, assuming you have them folded properly that they don't get pressed on by the baffles.
Raising the AC in the case may allow a bit more clearance for the props below, but now you've left less room for the props above.
Upper props are better supported, the DJI protector straps the tips to the body. Still good to pay attention.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar