DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly with the cable......

Prmath

Reactions
turning off WI-FI and using a cable connection from RC to the tablet or phone.....
Is this really possible ?

Yep! I like to connect my mobile device to the USB port on the bottom of the Mavic Air remote controller.

Any benefits going that route ?
The bottom USB port as opposed to the micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller? I like to use the USB port since I have more USB cables, so the cable is not coming out of the side of the remote controller (which can get in the way), and since it's not as fragile as the micro USB port.

... and since it's [the bottom USB port] not as fragile as the micro USB port.
Exactly. @Thunderdrones, one of our resident repair techs (for those who don't know), created a post recently showing just how fragile the side USB port is; stating that he has had to replace many of them that have failed. Since the side port is the only port through which you can charge the controller, save it by linking through the bottom port when flying, to help preserve the side port for charging.

turning off WI-FI and using a cable connection from RC to the tablet or phone.....
I don’t understand why you’re asking this - cable connecting your RC to your phone or tablet is the prime means of connecting. Why would you use WiFi??

I don’t understand why you’re asking this - cable connecting your RC to your phone or tablet is the prime means of connecting. Why would you use WiFi??

I dont understand this either? Out of the box the Air is setup to be flown via the remote control.

If you download the instruction book from dji it tells you there to plug in to the usb port to connect to a tablet and certainly does not mention using wifi

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu