DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaway on Waypoints - DJI support and offer is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh DJI just replied after 2 days. Basically the team replying doesn't have access to pricing (...) so they don't know what 30% relates to.

"[...] we provide the 30% discount as our gesture of apology. The discount is offered based on the Mavic 2 Zoom aircraft without the charger and remote controller, one battery and two pairs of propellers are included.

Regarding the exact price after the discount, sorry that our team has no access to the cost of the product. Please kindly confirm the shipping information below, and an accurate quotation will be sent after we have received your confirmation. You can make the payment via the payment button in the quotation, and we will ship the product to you directly after payment confirmation. You can still choose not to accept it if you are not satisfied with the final price."

I'll just see what they really propose then... hoping you got it right that's the aircraft price alone discounted by 30% (so something reasonable like 600€).

I was only addressing the BVLOS as a disqualifying condition part of your comment. If you add the condition of no supporting log data then it is rare and inconsistent with their policy. Although strangely one such case was just reported on PP (unless I missed something in the log):

I've never seen them explicitly point to it either, but then I rarely see people assert that DJI should be presumed responsible when there's a lack of evidence either way. What I have seen often is DJI employees on their forum emphasize some aspect of a flight (e.g., over water) prohibited by their manual as justification for not offering a free replacement. In fact, they sometimes will post the relevant portion of the manual in their reply when the customer indicates frustration with not getting a free replacement.

Oh DJI just replied after 2 days. Basically the team replying doesn't have access to pricing (...) so they don't know what 30% relates to.

"[...] we provide the 30% discount as our gesture of apology. The discount is offered based on the Mavic 2 Zoom aircraft without the charger and remote controller, one battery and two pairs of propellers are included.

Regarding the exact price after the discount, sorry that our team has no access to the cost of the product. Please kindly confirm the shipping information below, and an accurate quotation will be sent after we have received your confirmation. You can make the payment via the payment button in the quotation, and we will ship the product to you directly after payment confirmation. You can still choose not to accept it if you are not satisfied with the final price."

I'll just see what they really propose then... hoping you got it right that's the aircraft price alone discounted by 30% (so something reasonable like 600€).

On the question of the price - yes - their policy is a new aircraft at 30% discount on the price of just a new aircraft. A new aircraft at 30% off the price of the entire package would not even make any sense.

The OP was seemingly trying to avoid your type of contributions.

The OP will upload the 2gbs of data sent to and requested by DJI if you want. Only the OP intention, which you are not respecting, wasn't about analysing logs... how many times do we have to repeat that?

That is the usual scenario. I would be amazed if it turns out to be anything different- it would be ridiculous. You would be paying more than retail on the AC otherwise.

On the question of the price - yes - their policy is a new aircraft at 30% discount on the price of just a new aircraft. A new aircraft at 30% off the price of the entire package would not even make any sense.
Thanks for being the only reasonable person here understanding the point I made about the 30% "discount" not being a discount if 30% was related to the full price :cool:

It doesn't rule it out, but it certainly doesn't support the claim.
First of all there is no "claim" here. I just wrote to DJI signalling that there might be a BUG in Waypoints. I didn't even expect them to provide the 30% discount.

The OP will upload the 2gbs of data sent to and requested by DJI if you want. Only the OP intention, which you are not respecting, wasn't about analysing logs... how many times do we have to repeat that?

To be fair, I think you misunderstood that post - @WithTheBirds was defending you.

Okay. 30% seemingly sorted. Can we now please focus only on the fact that the app loses all waypoints on disconnection? And the fact that DJI doesn't allow us customers to set waypoints (not that I would want again to after what happened) on the app as standalone?

If you buy a new car, wreck it or have it stolen, then return to the dealership and tell them that they were to blame for the fact that it was wrecked or stolen, do you suppose they'd provide a free replacement without any evidence to support your claim? Because that seems to be what you're suggesting DJI should do in this case.
If the car had a feature for an autonomous trip, and I programmed one that was within its performance capabilities, and ended up with a wrecked car; yes! I absolutely will blame that on them. What are you insinuating here? That the OP wrecked his Mavic and is now blaming DJI for it? What led you to that conclusion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: InvisibleName
So why is it "convenient"?
It's convenient for him I guess :) look at the below: is it normal that the last clip doesn't even play? Or is it me having corrupted the file so that I don't show what happened to both DJI and yourself? (btw DJI has the full DJI_RECORD and full flightrecords of all my flights - plus the ones synced obviously, so they could easily tell if I was a reckless pilot).

1567171226201.png

Can we now please focus only on the fact that the app loses all waypoints on disconnection? And the fact that DJI doesn't allow us customers to set waypoints (not that I would want again to after what happened) on the app as standalone?
I assume you know about Litchi - if not, now is the time to look into it. I have the MA and therefore don't have waypoints as an option in GO4, so I can't say anything on how good or bad it is. But I have used Litchi, it is really good.

I assume you know about Litchi - if not, now is the time to look into it. I have the MA and therefore don't have waypoints as an option in GO4, so I can't say anything on how good or bad it is. But I have used Litchi, it is really good.
Having used both I wouldn’t even consider GO4 a contender. We should mention however that DJI won’t accept a Litchi log for analysis (even if it records the whole flight).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty