DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Air indoors is a pain! Until...

OK guys, this interests me, because I can relate the 'flying indoors' thing to 'flying in woods', where my Air refuses to move, yet I think there is bags of room to get through. It is driving me mad. My flying is coming on and I am happy to manoevre close to obstacles slowly... the Air has other ideas and many a time I have had to give up, sneak up on it hovering, refusing to budge in any direction and catch it unawares then power down. You sneak up from the side, and grab it from underneath before it realises you are there. It does complain and squals like pig, trying to get away, just hold on tight and keep the stick pulled down.

Now then, how do you do this turning sensors off thing please? That sounds like exactly what I need, I don't need the GPS to fly 20 yards around me in the woods.... I have some specific needs to be able to do this, also flying in a warehouse, with metal racking, engines, and plenty of other metallic stuff about. I can't fathom from the tutorials how to set it up for these flights.
Cheers,
Simon.

Just put it in Sport mode, which disables the obstacle avoidance sensors.

Just put it in Sport mode, which disables the obstacle avoidance sensors.

Can you then still use the tripod mode though?

Also I can't fathom what this ATTI is, I have trouble retaining information, I might even have asked before, you will just have to bear with me - it is the result of a head injury. I don't want sympathy, just cut me some slack.
Cheers,
Simon.

If you have an Air (or Pro) friendly room flying an Air is a pain. Way too many sensors. By friendly I mean big or as in my case small but stripped of electronics and metal stuff.
I can hardly move it at all.
So, stick the guards on switch off all sensors and have some fun. If you're not used to it start in tripod mode.
Sports mode would not be a good idea. And just as bad is cinematic mode, it drifts for ages until it stops, yes, bang! Take care with this mode outside, make sure there is no object close to the craft.
Even switch off the downward sensors, catching becomes so much easier.
If you take care it is an experience. Great if you live in one of the windiest cities in the world.

In my spare room
Perth
Western Australia

How do you turn the sensors off please? You say to do it, but I can't work out all these different modes. I am still struggling to remember how to change the camera once I get out in the field. It took me an entire battery the other day to work out how to get it to take pictures instead of video... I found it, but I can't remember how I did it now (not having it to look at).

So - please: how do you et it so it will do what you tell it and not over ride your inputs?
Many thanks,
Simon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun