DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in a very light sprinkle?

mschwind200

Reactions
Currently there Is a light sprinkle of rain, And by lite I mean you can't see it visibly, but you can feel it when you step outside.

Can the Mavic handle that level of rain for 5-10 minutes or not?

You mean misting? I wouldn't,water will gather on your mavic after a few minutes of flying I would think, giving it an opertunity to drain into the mavic. There is a torture test of a mavic hovering in rain but, do you really want to chance YOUR drone?

Common sense is water will ruin electronics including your drone, I wouldn't chance it, I know you want to fly but, live to fly another day.

Reactions: borislip
You must be really eager to fly. If rain gets on your lens, you'll get a blurry image. If rain gets inside your drone or battery, and you are unlucky enough to have an electrical short, it will be time for a refresh if you can find it's remains from where it went down.

I've gotten caught in a light mist with my Phantom 3P.... also in HEAVY fog - when I landed it was wet everywhere.... so there is a tolerance for moisture, but I would not recommend doing it on purpose!

You must be really eager to fly. If rain gets on your lens, you'll get a blurry image. If rain gets inside your drone or battery, and you are unlucky enough to have an electrical short, it will be time for a refresh if you can find it's remains from where it went down.
DJI refresh specifically doesn't cover damage due to water.

Took my P3 flying in early mist, came down with a fine coating moisture on it, after that the gimbal would randomly stop working.

Managed to get it replaced as the drone was pretty new. Wouldn't recommend flying in any kind of moisture at all.

As an aside I read DJI refresh has changed and now DOES cover water damage?

Reactions: larkin

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackhour