DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Europe (especially Spain)

Discharge your batteries to 25%. Try to discharge the remote control to 50% or less. Put silicon battery terminal covers on or use electrical tape over the contacts (keep for the return journey or pack some spare). Batteries should be in LiPo bags - look on Amazon, their cheap enough. Don’t leave a battery attached to the drone. Everything in your hand luggage, not checked-in luggage. Customs in England and Spain never batted an eyelid and didn’t bother me at all.

Reactions: AmericanGold
Only airport security I have ever had the smallest of issues are Germany, but no big deal, they'll either swab it or just want to see it out of the bag. On one occasion standing in a bomb proof room the guys there admitted they just wanted to look at it as they had never seen one. It almost became a training seminar for them.

All other European countries I have visited have been fine.

However read up on local laws and pay attention to Italy as I think they have weight limits.

I always flew with my Spark and Mavic's. Mostly Africa but never any issues. But normally in my main language. Had it in hand lugguage once (Brussels, Schiphol, Lagos).
Last week Brussels to Houston, no wahala

I've had no problem with France, but most drone apps seem to confuse airplane regulations with drone regulations so they aren't really useful (as of 2017). However, if you're flying in France this site is particularly useful:
Drones - Loisir et compétition

spain has the same regs as EU and US
120mtr alt
LOS
away from airports
not over stadiums, beaches ect

I carry this with me but never needed it.
iv done many trips in and out of spain with no problems with any airport security.
came back from lanzarote last week without problems.
security asked what the batteries were for in my hand luggage.
I said there drone batteries under 100wh
the security guy said "you've done this before" and sent me on my way without even opening the lipo safe bags
Leyes-sobre-drones.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure