DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in hot weather

Yeah that's my question too, it's 110- 115F here in Vegas and It's way to hot that I feel miserable flying.... I want to fly from car to have AC on just afraid about inference may happen.... and scared my drone may over heat
I was just in Vegas and it seemed like everywhere I tried to fly there was MAG interference.

I fly usually at red rock area and no mag interface for me, great view ... only issues is hawks for me trying to attack

IMG_3558.PNG
Have you tested flying in the over 100-degree days in Vegas by any chance? If so, was there any issues?
I have. I flew in 112 degrees and guess what happened? Nothing. My battery said it was hot and then I switched out the depleted and placed a new one in and flew some more. I flew 4 batteries that day in 112 degree weather and my Mavic performed as it always has. One flight I flew 3 miles one way and I noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Its been super hot in Phx. Took my mavic up to test a setting change. Took it straight up to the max height and right back down. Could not believe how hot the mavic was. Definatley won't be attempting to fly in the ultra hot days (110+)

I've flown on 90 degree days with no issues

It's been in the upper 90's here in Los Angeles for about a week now. Just worried about my phone and or my Mavic over heating. Plus, I don't think its fair of me to be sitting under a tree in the shade when my Mavic is out in the blistering heat doing all the work :rolleyes:

Reactions: ceirsik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78