DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic Pro in the forest between trees mountain biking :D

dmcd38

Reactions
Flying Mavic Pro in the forest between trees mountain biking
biggrin.gif

this is pretty awesome man! i bought my magic basically for mtb stuff swell haha. dud you constantly keep hitting auto focus? and was there a third person flying i assume? the active track and follow me modes i doubt would work with a subject moving the fast

Dnpbakon, i just rode the bike in that video, my friend was controlling the drone and as far as i know, was fully automatic auto focus.
We just made another video (this time was me on the beach controlling the drone) one week ago testing the active track mode over the water and worked really well also, check it on our channel :)
It behaved really well, i spend the whole time with the remote in my hand just in case of emergency, but nothing happens, we had 20 minutes of footage with only active mode on. fully automatic.
but it was over water, not between trees. but still, very cool technology ;)

cheers!!

Dnpbakon, i just rode the bike in that video, my friend was controlling the drone and as far as i know, was fully automatic auto focus.
We just made another video (this time was me on the beach controlling the drone) one week ago testing the active track mode over the water and worked really well also, check it on our channel :)
It behaved really well, i spend the whole time with the remote in my hand just in case of emergency, but nothing happens, we had 20 minutes of footage with only active mode on. fully automatic.
but it was over water, not between trees. but still, very cool technology ;)

cheers!!
Man that’s awesome! Post the video I’d love to see it! Did you ever have any GPS issues in the trees like that? Or any connections issues at all? I’m coming from a GoPro karma from ewhich I was on eggshell ising every time hah.

the video of testing active track over the water is this one:

Never had connection issues or GPS issues.
When you are filming in very close spaces like close to trees you have to pay attention to drone movements. Just have to use the right stick to correct in case it moves a bit, nothing special.

Just need to practice a bit and be confortable controlling the drone, quite easy :)

we used it in the Spark only, my friend didnt have them at the time for this shooting.
Basicly we filmed the tight spaces with the spark and the more "open" spaces with the mavic.
its a good combo :)

Dont Forget to put your YT channel on the dedicated thread ! I’m sure you have other nice videos !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan