DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying near airport

SnrDiggan

Reactions
Hi,

I am struggling to check what the different zones are on a drone map, can anyone shed any light on the map below. The blue marker is where I would like to take off from.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 17.15.38.png

Download NATS Drone Assist or Guardian Altitude Angel. You get a better description. I think you would be unwise to fly there.

Attachments

• 889B6187-1B1E-443D-AE1A-DB3F2D8FF0B1.jpeg
    889B6187-1B1E-443D-AE1A-DB3F2D8FF0B1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: ResistanceFlyer
You can ask the authorization but you can only flight on a certain max.high and not approach the red zone. This is what I done near an airport in Spain. From my home in Belgium he don't want to take off because to close of the local airport.

I have found this after lots of searching:

Reading through it I found this, which answer the question:

"Taken from the CAA website -

CAP 722 UAV operations UK
1.36 Under ANO 2009 Article 166, operators of SUA with a mass of 7 kg or less are not required to gain an NSF approval from Air Traffic Control (ATC) to operate within Class A, C, D or E airspace or within an active ATZ. However ANO Article 166 states that a person in charge of a SUA ‘may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made’ and that they ‘must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft … for the purpose of avoiding collisions’.

So to recap, no airspace class rules apply to the Mavic, but you must stay under 400ft and maintain visual contact with the Mavic."

I have found this after lots of searching:

Reading through it I found this, which answer the question:

"Taken from the CAA website -

CAP 722 UAV operations UK
1.36 Under ANO 2009 Article 166, operators of SUA with a mass of 7 kg or less are not required to gain an NSF approval from Air Traffic Control (ATC) to operate within Class A, C, D or E airspace or within an active ATZ. However ANO Article 166 states that a person in charge of a SUA ‘may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made’ and that they ‘must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft … for the purpose of avoiding collisions’.

So to recap, no airspace class rules apply to the Mavic, but you must stay under 400ft and maintain visual contact with the Mavic."
Beware. This link is 4 years old. Much has changed since then.

You need to refer here I believe:

Reactions: DHAirbus
As a simple rule of thumb, if there are coloured markings don’t fly! That way everyone will be safe, and so will your pocket and your liberty.
Ah ignorance is bliss!?

Or... I could look up what things mean so I can educate myself an be able to use the airspace around me legally.

Maybe that was a good place to start instead of asking everyone on here to do your work for you?
My original question wasn't asking everyone to do any work for me, it was to ask if anyone knew the the answer to a question.

Sadly this forum is full of silly people who clearly have time to waste by writing stupid comments and not helping people.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!!

I simply asked if a bunch of experts could help but some people want to tell me what the answer isn't! Thanks for nothing!

My original question wasn't asking everyone to do any work for me, it was to ask if anyone knew the the answer to a question.

Sadly this forum is full of silly people who clearly have time to waste by writing stupid comments and not helping people.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!!

I simply asked if a bunch of experts could help but some people want to tell me what the answer isn't! Thanks for nothing!

Regulations change and the only legal source for UAS operations in UK is the CAA not forums.
If you are not sure don't fly, For UK "NATS App" should be the primary guide on NFZs

Reactions: Crusader14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_