DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Near Authorised Zone in MM2

SnrDiggan

Reactions
Hi,

If I take off from Big Yellow (Large Blue Marker) it warns me on the screen that I am in an Authorised Area, but checking the map I am outside of it.

I have tried searching online and found there is no info the rules of flying near an Authorised Zone. I know I can't fly over it, but can I fly near it as long as I am not capturing the location itself.

I know this is a basic question but don't want to get into trouble for breaking the rules or conversely avoid using this take off point because I'm not sure of the rules.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 22.54.25.png

Hello,
If everything is operating correctly and you have sufficient satellite connections, you should be able to fly pretty darn close to a blue geofence. The drone will actually stop and won't go in one unless it's unlocked (which is a topic on its own). The warning you're getting from the location you show should just be telling you that you're close to an "authorization zone". As long as you adhere to all other rules and regs you shouldn't have a problem with what you're showing here. Be aware that DJI geo fencing and FAA controlled airspace are two different things. It's best to review your area with either Kittyhawk or B4UFly apps so you get the full "picture" of the area prior to flight. Hope that helps.
Ken

Thanks for you help.

I have checked out those two apps but they are not suitable for flying in England. Does anyone heave any recommendations for similar app for the UK?

Looking at Drone Assist, you seem to be in the No Fly Zone for Bristol Airport. That might have something to do with it!
Having done lots of extra research the Drone Assist app is likely referring to the Category D airspace which extends to where I am looking at. The category D airspace does not apply to me as my drone is less the 7kg.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev