DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over 4g

mi8radire

Reactions
Guys if anyone has experience of using lte to control his/hers drone (even if it is not a mavic) please share your experience.... [emoji846]

This guy flew a Parrot Disco on 4g LTE, 25 miles from one island to another in Hawaii. He has a couple other vids and build info if you check out his channel

Seems like every trial made over 4g was made on a disco found a video myself of a guy flying 100 miles with it... but my real question is what happens to your live feed... no-one is answering to that... [emoji849]

Becasue there's nothing to wonder about, it works the same...
Mavic pro has a latency to its feed on your screen even if it is flying next to you...it's mathematically impossible not to have any kind of increase when distance increases and when your lte coverage won't be stable.

Of course you get more latency, but that's about it. Doesn't matter much with an "assisted" aircraft though, also the guys even mostly fly waypoint missions anyway.

Seems like every trial made over 4g was made on a disco found a video myself of a guy flying 100 miles with it... but my real question is what happens to your live feed... no-one is answering to that... [emoji849]
Evidently you didn't watch that video :rolleyes: because you would have an answer :eek:

Guys if anyone has experience of using lte to control his/hers drone (even if it is not a mavic) please share your experience.... [emoji846]

I think there are regulatory challenges in BVLOS flights. If you still want to go ahead, you might require a SBC (single board computer) that you have to attached with the flight controller. I did a quick google search and found solution providers like FlytBase, Botlink, etc. that you can check out.

Well I don’t know what it would take but wouldn’t it be easier to use phone for controller and somehow have the mav take a sim and allow everything to use lte to communicate with controller as opposed to the wifi... i dont know. However it is and does come down to battery restriction. For example I made a thread about using rth on mavic mini to do a long distance making signal strength irrelevant.

Relative wanted scan of his land so I picked a open mid point on a perfect no wind day set up homepoint in that mid spot and marked it proceeded to take atv to far corner of propert 6km away I launched the mini and once homepoint was recorded i changed it to the place i picked eairler ... I initiated rth and off it went i was able to change height and yaw but not course .. long story short it worked like a charm I followed it the -first time and manually landed then put in a fresh battery and went to opposite corner and did the same but this time i just turned off controller drove back to the mid point and waited and sure enough it showed... im sure I could get as far as the battery would allow it was basically a single waypoint mission

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22