Get the most from your Mavic
Join thousands of Mavic owners helping each other
Join Us Now

Flying Sedona Winter 2020 - Coffee Pot Rock

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This one is not as stable as I prefer. Low level winds and gusts around the rocks were a challenge. You can see it buffeting the drone at the end (last 20 sec or so) while landing. Worth it! I love the red rocks. Amazing colors! The video also shows Chimney Rock from the previous video in the background...screen left about 2:15 +/- ...it looks tall when you're under it, but is dwarfed by Coffee Pot.

More to Come with the Seven Pools and Devil's Kitchen.
This is the third in this series. Check out the others at:
and...

Broken Star Photo

Reaction score
VERY NICE! I'm thinking of heading there this week to do some sunrise & sunset shots. Any suggestions as to where to head. I've been there a few times but never really know where to go besides Sycamore Canyon and Red Rock State Park.

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
VERY NICE! I'm thinking of heading there this week to do some sunrise & sunset shots. Any suggestions as to where to head. I've been there a few times but never really know where to go besides Sycamore Canyon and Red Rock State Park.
The trails are marked where a wilderness area starts. There is a relatively thin corridor surrounding 89A... worth the search... there’s also a large cave about a mile past seven sacred pools on a side trail. Just gotta look at the signs and a lot of maps. Here’s a start... the narrow area between the wilderness areas:
643CE2B5-1297-48C3-BF1A-E182FCB690CC.png

Jet skier

Reaction score
This one is not as stable as I prefer. Low level winds and gusts around the rocks were a challenge. You can see it buffeting the drone at the end (last 20 sec or so) while landing. Worth it! I love the red rocks. Amazing colors! The video also shows Chimney Rock from the previous video in the background...screen left about 2:15 +/- ...it looks tall when you're under it, but is dwarfed by Coffee Pot.

More to Come with the Seven Pools and Devil's Kitchen.
This is the third in this series. Check out the others at:
and...
Nice job Tom, boy those colors are something else aren't they

Reactions: Thomas B