DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Sedona Winter 2020 - Coffee Pot Rock

Thomas B

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This one is not as stable as I prefer. Low level winds and gusts around the rocks were a challenge. You can see it buffeting the drone at the end (last 20 sec or so) while landing. Worth it! I love the red rocks. Amazing colors! The video also shows Chimney Rock from the previous video in the background...screen left about 2:15 +/- ...it looks tall when you're under it, but is dwarfed by Coffee Pot.

More to Come with the Seven Pools and Devil's Kitchen.
This is the third in this series. Check out the others at:
and...

VERY NICE! I'm thinking of heading there this week to do some sunrise & sunset shots. Any suggestions as to where to head. I've been there a few times but never really know where to go besides Sycamore Canyon and Red Rock State Park.

VERY NICE! I'm thinking of heading there this week to do some sunrise & sunset shots. Any suggestions as to where to head. I've been there a few times but never really know where to go besides Sycamore Canyon and Red Rock State Park.
The trails are marked where a wilderness area starts. There is a relatively thin corridor surrounding 89A... worth the search... there’s also a large cave about a mile past seven sacred pools on a side trail. Just gotta look at the signs and a lot of maps. Here’s a start... the narrow area between the wilderness areas:
643CE2B5-1297-48C3-BF1A-E182FCB690CC.png

This one is not as stable as I prefer. Low level winds and gusts around the rocks were a challenge. You can see it buffeting the drone at the end (last 20 sec or so) while landing. Worth it! I love the red rocks. Amazing colors! The video also shows Chimney Rock from the previous video in the background...screen left about 2:15 +/- ...it looks tall when you're under it, but is dwarfed by Coffee Pot.

and...
Nice job Tom, boy those colors are something else aren't they

Reactions: Thomas B
Gosh, that's beautiful! Sedona here I come! Thanks Thomas B
It’s a great place overall. Just be sure to watch boundaries of the extensive wilderness areas. Legal flight is just in small “fingers” of the area protruding between wilderness areas.

I'm thinking about going back to Devil's Bridge, remaining outside the wilderness area and sending the drone in... It doesn't look very far on the map so maybe its doable. Have you (or anyone else) ever tried anything like this, I wonder?

I'm thinking about going back to Devil's Bridge, remaining outside the wilderness area and sending the drone in... It doesn't look very far on the map so maybe its doable. Have you (or anyone else) ever tried anything like this, I wonder?
Not I, the arch is well within a wilderness area... min legal altitude 2000’ AGL... wouldn’t be legal. No line of site for control even if you do... check the maps. What I really liked was the side hike to view it from below .... bottom pic is my son, his wife and my second grandchild on the top of the arch
1608003687418.jpeg
B7D093BE-FEAF-48A2-8022-758B5AE246CF.jpeg

Nice! Here's a couple of mine - my wife and I atop the arch and then one from underneath the "bridge"...DSC_0478.JPGDSC_0499.JPG

Now I gotta go back ;)
I gave my Nikon D90 to a stranger and walked away - out onto the arch. Handing that camera to someone else was difficult! :( Sounds like we're both ready for a road trip! LOL

Man, that last backing out shot while raising the gimbal to reveal the incredible background was awesome! I’m going to remember that move!

and...
Waooow what a stunning location... I would love to fly there ??

and...
Very nice! I'm heading out to Moab in June and hoping to capture some great footage with these colors and contrasts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3