DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sedona, AZ Stills

Broken Star Photo

Reactions
I have been taking a bunch of shots lately, getting ready for my first serious trip out focusing primarily on taking landscape stills with my M2P. Yesterday I took the short drive Sedona, AZ, knowing it is a target-rich location. The first shot is of the famous Coffee Pot Rock formation. It gets it's name from being shaped like an old fashioned percolating coffee pot with a spout. I had nice morning light and some decent skies to go along with the soft light. The second shot is of Cathedral Rock formation. It is said this is the most-photographed rock formation in the world, but 99.26% of those are taken from ground level. Flying this formation at sunset was my primary reason for coming to Sedona. The late evening light was SO RED! I had to pull down the saturation in Lightroom as without any adjustments it was super-saturated orange. Sadly, the nice skies from earlier in the day faded to boring blue, so there wasn't any nice colors in the sky. I guess that gives me a good reason to go back next time the SkyCandy app predicts a great sunset for that area.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Constructive C&C are always welcomed!

DJI_0254-Edit.jpg

DJI_0368.jpg

Gorgeous... But, I think you got your facts wrong. Actually, only 99.25% of those photos are taken from ground level... ;)
Great job taking those pics, I like it very much.

Reactions: Broken Star Photo
I have been taking a bunch of shots lately, getting ready for my first serious trip out focusing primarily on taking landscape stills with my M2P. Yesterday I took the short drive Sedona, AZ, knowing it is a target-rich location. The first shot is of the famous Coffee Pot Rock formation. It gets it's name from being shaped like an old fashioned percolating coffee pot with a spout. I had nice morning light and some decent skies to go along with the soft light. The second shot is of Cathedral Rock formation. It is said this is the most-photographed rock formation in the world, but 99.26% of those are taken from ground level. Flying this formation at sunset was my primary reason for coming to Sedona. The late evening light was SO RED! I had to pull down the saturation in Lightroom as without any adjustments it was super-saturated orange. Sadly, the nice skies from earlier in the day faded to boring blue, so there wasn't any nice colors in the sky. I guess that gives me a good reason to go back next time the SkyCandy app predicts a great sunset for that area.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Constructive C&C are always welcomed!

View attachment 95843

View attachment 95845
Nice pics. I miss our days in AZ. Sedona; Flag; GC; Mt. Lemmon, Monument Valley(really UT), Bullhead City, 4 corners, painted desert, the crater, petrified forest, The mexican hat (UT but close), the goose neck.(UT but close)et cetera. So many things to photograph. I'm jealous.

Reactions: Dedal
Great pics! Great area! Glad you finally got there!
I prefer vids... but that’s me. Below link to Coffeepot, Cathedral Rock, and Chimney Rock.

Reactions: E90RAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J