DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with Lightning - drone in a thunderstorm!

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

Massive arching bolts of electricity explode across the heavens and illuminate the boiling clouds like giant atmospheric jelly fish. Thunder splits the sky and reverberates across the cowering landscape below as the storm surges overhead. Such weather is hardly commonplace here in the calm rainforest hill country of Southwest Washington. We are used to gently soaking rains that saturate the ground and air, but this week was the exception and Zeus and Thor did battle through the tumultuous roiling sea of the upper sky and set the very air ablaze. I only flew for a few minutes on the edge of this maelstrom in that incredible calm before the storm. I soon felt the wisdom of landing and retreated to take still photos from the ground.

I only flew for a few minutes on the edge of this maelstrom, in that incredible calm before the storm. Eventually I felt the wisdom of landing and retreated to take still photos from the ground.

Photo gallery on my blog: August Lightning

Perfect video and the audio enhances the viewing experience even more. Great job!!!

Reactions: Drgnfli
Reactions: WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000