DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with my mavic tomorrow, tips/tricks?

Clare_G101

Reactions
I'm flying with my mavic tomorrow and really nervous any tips or stories that will calm my nervs down? I used this bag (Amazon.com : Lowepro ViewPoint BP250 - A Multi-Purpose Backpack for DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Spark, 360 Fly or GoPro Action Cameras : Camera & Photo) and put it in the bag at the bottom, should I take it out when going through security? Or just leave it in my backpack? If I get pulled aside tips as to what I should do? I know obivously tell the truth and say drone, but any other tips? Idk I'm just nervous!

Where are you flying from -> to ?
US to Puerto Rico, then to St. Thomas! Customs only in US to Puerto Rico. I went through it and it was fine! Was only stopped because they had to look at my laptop, but when I asked what was wrong they just gave it back to me, haha.

Reactions: RaRaRasputin
I too have been thinking of going from Fort Lauderdale to NYC to visit my dad and would love to bring the Mavic plus 5 batts but am worried they won't allow it....wouldn't want to lose plane flight because they won't allow the Mavic/batts onboard- what to do in a case like that?
(6 batts total)

I believe I cannot check my electronic cigarette batteries anymore, they have to be with me. So, I don't know if this is for all batteries of this type or...? You might want to call the airline because once your in line, those goofballs won't know the rules, you'll have to tell them and probably get a manager.

I'm flying with my mavic tomorrow and really nervous any tips or stories that will calm my nervs down? I used this bag (Amazon.com : Lowepro ViewPoint BP250 - A Multi-Purpose Backpack for DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Spark, 360 Fly or GoPro Action Cameras : Camera & Photo) and put it in the bag at the bottom, should I take it out when going through security? Or just leave it in my backpack? If I get pulled aside tips as to what I should do? I know obivously tell the truth and say drone, but any other tips? Idk I'm just nervous!
1. carry on your batteries
2. you can carry as many as you like
3. check with the airline

Post back if you find out anything.

Thanks!

Don't call it a DRONE.!
it is a Toy with a camera.!
they will ask you to power up just put battery in and use the controller

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics