DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flysight spexman goggles

Reactions
Can anyone help me figure out how to hook up them up to the Mavic 2 with an iPhone. I got them awhile back for a racedrone which raced off[emoji53] I also used them with a phantom 3 but had the shop modify the remote. Since then the shop went out of business. I’ve been on YouTube but haven’t found any real help. Guess I’m not that savvy. [emoji1787] Any help would be much appreciated. Happy St Patty’s day in advance

You will need an Android Tablet that has HDMI output to the goggles.

There are a variety of tablet options. One that will work is the
Dragon Touch X10 10.6 inch Octa Core CPU Android Tablet 16GB Storage Mini HDMI Tablet
by Dragon Touch

It can be found on Amazon for a reasonable price here :https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch...at-20&linkId=eaf20534ff4754a1d8d9f38e60b5b92a

It does run DJIGO4 and output HDMI.
You will also need a mini HDMI to Mini HDMI cable to connect the goggles to the tablet. Or since you should have received a full sized to Mini HDMI cable with the goggles you could pickup an adapter that gender changes from a full HDMI to mini HDMI like this.
https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Adapter...mini+hdmi&qid=1552705952&s=electronics&sr=1-4

1552706023224.png

One could also track down an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet although they are no longer being manufactured. Thats what I use for the HDMI output to Goggles.

It is a very capable tablet as it was engineered for gaming with a fast processor and GPU.

For the coin I would go with the above linked tablet.

There is a Youtube video of a guy running DJIGO4 with this tablet and it works to provide the HDMI Video output.

Reactions: Point Zero
Yes I saw that video but there was a lot of peps saying that tablet was laggy so I wanted some other input. Thank you

If you think that Android tablet will lag then consider tracking down an Nvidia Shield K1. It works great with HDMI output.

Crystal sky is another option with a higher price point.

You would think that they would all collaborate this to be plug and play

When you type "they" are you referring to the goggle manufacturers ? DJI? Android tablet manufacturers?
Since you have goggles that are intended to be dual purpose (flying with Diversity Antenna's for race and freestyle quads and also with any devices that have an HDMI output) you are at the mercy of those two types of connectivity.

DJI does make goggles that are pretty much plug and play and will work with the Mavic 2 and IPhone. They a use proprietary connection.

You’re right it is proprietary. I was hoping there was a way to plug my phone into a black pearl monitor and then plug the goggles into that. I did find an adapter but it has horrible reviews. The tablet idea looks good but it’s kind of a big monitor. The Krystal sky is impressive but it is quite pricey, right about the cost of their goggles. Those goggles are pretty large too[emoji1787]but they have the sensors and gyroscope plus they are cordless. So the question do I want the immersive experience? Maybe I should get another race drone and get the DJI goggles for the Mavic. It’s not really an easy answer. Thanks for the help[emoji3577]

Reactions: BD0G
Might do the nvidia first though just to try them out. The goggles are basically brand new. I guess I should have gone to the beach to try it out where I had a point of reference. I had the vortex 250 and had never used the goggles and it was so fast and went so high I freaked and let it get away. It was a very bad day.

I use the Eachine Googles Two with an mini HDMI input from the Nvidia Shield Tablet so they are not cordless , but that does not bother me a bit. I actually like that as there is one less weak link that could interrupt my video feed.
The Eachine Goggles Two have a 1080 P screen resolution and work perfectly when paired with the Nvidia Shiled K1 Tablet.

The Eachine goggles have a large size when worn on the face in thier native configuration so I 3D Printed a much smaller enclosure and swapped all of the electronics over into the 3 D Printed enclosure while removing all of the diversity antenna electronics as I wont be needing them. I also added corrective shield lenses that could be snapped in and interchanged for those with Prebyopia.

Much smaller and even a bit lighter as well. You would be shocked to learn what I paid for the set of Eachine Goggles Two used from an eBay seller!

EachineGogglesConversion.jpgEachineGogglesTwoConversion1.jpgEachineGogglesTwoConversion2.jpg

**** that’s pretty cool. Well played. How do they work?
Amazing!

Imperceptible lag. Bright and high definition. No light leaks from outside the enclosure so a dark environment.
Light on the head. Battery is positioned on rear of head strap to counterbalance some of the weight. Interchangeable vision lens shield so that others with better or worse vision than myself can use them.

Only thing I cam considering from a purely aesthetic perspective is to order some replacement foam as I reused the foam from the original Eachine Googles Two and had to cut various areas and its not just one uniform piece of foam. The foam feels great when worn , but I am kinda OCD with looks as well as function.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr