DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus popping in and out

JohnChap

Reactions
My Mavic has an annoying behaviour where it will go out of focus and despite my stabbing at the AFfocus square on the screen, it either ignores my jabbing or focuses for a few secs then blur appears again. See the attached video as an example. (No. I couldn't upload it, apparently .MOV is not an allowed extension!!) Anyone any suggestions how to fix it? It only happens sporadically, but enough to ruin some master shots. )

You could set the focus manually until you get the AF problem figured out. AF has problems with low light, does it happen in bright daylight?

No it happens in broad daylight. I will read the instructions to find out how to manually focus

I;ve seen this also. It's occasional, but the only fix I know is to land, power down and re-launch. Not sure how dependable this is.

You'll need to upload a clip to youtube or similar to show it here.
You might try turning off AFC which will attempt to refocus every few seconds.
This was included in a firmware update quite early on as people would forget to focus manually when the Mavic pro first came out.
The AFC isn't always successful especially in low light or un-contrasty locations.

Something else worth trying is a camera reset in the app, the camera is itself like a small computer and a full reboot sometimes resolves odd behaviour.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson