DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus problems - auto and manual

noahpk

Reactions
Just got my mavic 2 pro 3 days ago and the first day it worked great. Second day, I started having huge problems with the autofocus and even manual focus, everything I shoot comes out blurry. Sometimes, it would appear to correct itself, and then go right back to being blurry on the next flight. I can't seem to find many other people having similar problems with the M2pro, I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of whats going on? or should I just send it back to DJI for repair/replacement? Thanks!

Just got my mavic 2 pro 3 days ago and the first day it worked great. Second day, I started having huge problems with the autofocus and even manual focus, everything I shoot comes out blurry. Sometimes, it would appear to correct itself, and then go right back to being blurry on the next flight. I can't seem to find many other people having similar problems with the M2pro, I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of whats going on? or should I just send it back to DJI for repair/replacement? Thanks!

There was a post recently with another pilot with the same issue. No crashes I presume?

Would recommend returning it to your seller for a replacement.

But ... Is it focusing at all if you tap to focus? Is it holding the focus during flight or goes off with no reason? Is it set to AFC or AF?

It's not clear to me from your post if you understand the focus system. Though you mentioned trying manual, you didn't say if the auto mode was AF-S or AF-C. I have observed that people that don't understand AF-C very well are often disappointed with the results.

If you're getting poor and/or inconsistent results in AF-S (and you understand how to pre-focus), then I would consider returning it.

Chris

It's not clear to me from your post if you understand the focus system. Though you mentioned trying manual, you didn't say if the auto mode was AF-S or AF-C. I have observed that people that don't understand AF-C very well are often disappointed with the results.

If you're getting poor and/or inconsistent results in AF-S (and you understand how to pre-focus), then I would consider returning it.

Chris
I tried both af-s and af-c, as well as manual. Even with manual focus I couldn’t bring anything into focus no matter the distance. DJI is replacing it under warranty thankfully

But ... Is it focusing at all if you tap to focus? Is it holding the focus during flight or goes off with no reason? Is it set to AFC or AF?
It attempts to focus but won’t actually get a clear shot. Any focus mode has this issue. I could only get a semi clear shot at f11 and manual focus fully towards the flower symbol , even then it was still pretty soft compared to my first day flying with no focus issues whatsoever

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78