DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fog / condensation appearing inside lens during flight

fogged lense here in Maine taking the Mavic outside from the warm house into cool air . . . . . . I'm going to try desicant packs in the hard case

I have lived a lot of places in this huge country. This is common in any area. The descant will not change the fogged lens. The assembly gets acclimated to the temperature and when it is is taken to a much warmer (summer) the temperature differential will cause condensation. Same problem in the winter time but in reverse.

Best suggestion is to acclimate the lens / bird / binoculars / SLR lenses several hours before using.

Ive had my drone for a few months and only had it in the air a few times. During the last 2 flights the lens has been getting covered with fog / condensation after about 5 /10 mins in the air which is ruining the footage and is unusable.

On both occasions it has been quite cold outside, but even still surely this should be happening

I contacted DJi online and they seem to have standard response which is send it to them for repair, even though it's only a few month old.

Has anyone experience this and how have you fixed the issue? Is it possible that I have a faulty drone?

I've attached some photos of how it looks

View attachment 24022 View attachment 24023
Dear all,

I’m writing from Portugal. I have exactly the same problem, under 20ºC temperature, without humidity and keeping my drone stored in a dry zone, inside the DJI bag, with silica bag inside.

I’m complaining with DJI, receiving a feedback that is not aligned with the several cases that I’m founding here. Actually there is a concept problem that I hope DJI be in position to fix it.

Additional problem, I’m allways travelling by business condition, not having the time to fly with my drone so far. Time is over without use.

Please be advise that according DJI “the warranty period for gimbal camera is six months” – I bought the drone in October 2017, I did my first complain in March 2018 and until now I have no solution and I’m out of the guarantee…

I will wait by DJI analysis again.

I’m having the same problem. It dosnt matter what kind of weather I have here.
5 min after start flying it condensates, and it goes away if idle in just a minute.

I’m suspecting some kind of humidity has come inside the camera lens. Any clues in how to fix it??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle