DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Folding arms hitting props

sjuft

Reactions
I've been using my Mavic air for a while now, and i love it. But one thing that keeps bothering me, is the arms appear to hit the props when folded? Causing a teeeny tiny bit of tension on the props when stored Which cant be good?

Havent had access to another air to compare. So was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Yes exactly, when folding it up, fold front first make sure the props are aligned vertically, then fold the rear keeping those props aligned vertically too. I haven't noticed any tension on mine.

Try closing the front arms first when closing and then the rear arms.
Yeah I saw that on a video, back legs 1st when opening, close the front legs 1st when closing, works well for me. I was getting the same tension as the OP before I learned that.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Closing front legs first helped, but didnt completely solve the problem. But it says that in the manual too. (Well it says to unfold rear legs first which is same thing)

Stupid DJI cant even do it right in their own tutorial:

Also in the compass calibration part of the manual, the text says nose down but illustration is nose up...

I've been using my Mavic air for a while now, and i love it. But one thing that keeps bothering me, is the arms appear to hit the props when folded? Causing a teeeny tiny bit of tension on the props when stored Which cant be good?

Havent had access to another air to compare. So was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
Same issue. Props get stuck inside the landing gear

If you close in the right order and with the good prop orientation it's all good. Where they're supposed to be they fit just well.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yup...i do it same way and no problem...also for compass cal's dji cant even put the right literature out. Ill tell you what has always worked for me and how I have always done it when I do a compass calibration ...i do the nose down way ....and i see people doing it sideways I think people do it both ways and it seems to work but with other quadcopter companies I have always seen the nose down method...for second part of calibration..... so I just stick with that method and it works just fine

Nose up or down doesn't matter. Left or right either (which has been in some DJI literature too). Just needs the Z axis horizontal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki