DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Following a Kite at the beach [Disclaimer - Level Amateur]

Alpha2Zulu

Reactions
Took some videos while flying a kite at the beach with the kids. It's my first foray into taking a proper video so piloting and video editing skills are still amateur level at best. I need to relax my trigger happy fingers to reduce the jerks when panning. Link to the video below. Comments more than welcome for areas of improvement for both piloting and editing. I promise I am not touchy ;)

Dragon Kite at the beach

Last edited:
Took some videos while flying a kite at the beach with the kids. It's my first foray into taking a proper video so piloting and video editing skills are still amateur level at best. I need to relax my trigger happy fingers to reduce the jerks when panning. Link to the video below. Comments more than welcome for areas of improvement for both piloting and editing. I promise I am not touchy ;)

Dragon Kite at the beach
Def have to SLOW way down on movements. If not in tripod mode - go there first. Can also adjust settings in gimbal (yaw) settings in the app to slow movements even further down. Does take some adjusting to figure out how much or how little adjustment is necessary. If you have shaky hands like me - more is better. Then as flying skills improve - go back to default in app settings.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Def have to SLOW way down on movements. If not in tripod mode - go there first. Can also adjust settings in gimbal (yaw) settings in the app to slow movements even further down. Does take some adjusting to figure out how much or how little adjustment is necessary. If you have shaky hands like me - more is better. Then as flying skills improve - go back to default in app settings.
Thanks. Yes. Working on it. Tripod mode only for me. Takes more practice than I initially thought. Haven't tried fingering around with yaw settings yet but thanks for that tip. My hands are not exactly shaky . i find it to be more of a focus/concentration/adjustment issue to slow down in my case. I guess with practice it will become smoother. Appreciate the tips?. I was having a hard time spotting the kite on the screen in the bright sunlight . I tried POI but that didn't work at all. The drone kept loosing the kite so had to go manual. I guess POI works best for subjects on the ground.

Looks like you were safe not flying over the people and kept a good distance from a kite that can make radical shifts in its air space very quickly. The bright kite shows up best with the blue sky or the green grass as a background. Nice job.

Looks like you were safe not flying over the people and kept a good distance from a kite that can make radical shifts in its air space very quickly. The bright kite shows up best with the blue sky or the green grass as a background. Nice job.
Thanks and yes the choice of empty beach stretch was not by accident. I certainly do not want the FAA brigade after me. And "word" on the rogue subject. It did not cooperate at all to stay in the center of the frame.

Reactions: NG Wildman

Dragon Kite at the beach
Nice job!

Reactions: Alpha2Zulu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl