DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
**** man, I really thought this was one of my best ones.

If you're gonna hit me with that comment, at least let me know what you would like to see?

What kind of video would you like to see, with what kind of content?

Great scenery, A nice video and good editing. Were you using the gimbal cover though?

What you can improve: Your footage looks a bit washed out. You should do some color grading. Also, I suspect that your sharpness is set at -1 or -2. In this situation, it does not look good and I think you should increase your sharpness. I don't know if you were flying directly into the sun but you had too much light at multiple moments, so I suggest you get some ND filters.

Reactions: RickyMavic
**** man, I really thought this was one of my best ones.

If you're gonna hit me with that comment, at least let me know what you would like to see?

What kind of video would you like to see, with what kind of content?
Pt 2, coming back down the volcano . . .

Reactions: RickyMavic
Pt 2, coming back down the volcano . . .

Dude you're so right, I completely missed out on that.

It was pretty hard getting good shots on the way up, but I definitely should have gotten some good ones on the way down.

The video seems to be getting a good response so far, so maybe I'll just have to go back out there one of these days to take some more shots.

Maybe I'll take some guys with dirt bikes to make it more exciting, and to please @rickw :p

Reactions: ICHOTT
I tried doing a little color grading while I was editing, I'm not very familiar with it, so I only do what I learned in basic online seminars.

I have 12 filters, 6 polarpro ones that I pretty much use religiously. However, on this day, there was shade and bright light coming from random parts of the Mountain, parting through the clouds pretty much whenever, so whenever I feel like there won't be a consistency with lighting, I just don't use a filter.

I would like you to teach me a little more about how to use the filters because I just have basic knowledge on it. As well as the sharpness that you're talking about.

Can you message me some of our tips and tricks please, I would appreciate it a lot.

Great scenery, A nice video and good editing. Were you using the gimbal cover though?

What you can improve: Your footage looks a bit washed out. You should do some color grading. Also, I suspect that your sharpness is set at -1 or -2. In this situation, it does not look good and I think you should increase your sharpness. I don't know if you were flying directly into the sun but you had too much light at multiple moments, so I suggest you get some ND filters.

I tried doing a little color grading while I was editing, I'm not very familiar with it, so I only do what I learned in basic online seminars.

I have 12 filters, 6 polarpro ones that I pretty much use religiously. However, on this day, there was shade and bright light coming from random parts of the Mountain, parting through the clouds pretty much whenever, so whenever I feel like there won't be a consistency with lighting, I just don't use a filter.

I would like you to teach me a little more about how to use the filters because I just have basic knowledge on it. As well as the sharpness that you're talking about.

Can you message me some of our tips and tricks please, I would appreciate it a lot.

I would have used the ND filters anyways. If you already have 12 filters I assume that you know enough about them and I don't think I can help a lot with that. There's a lot of useful videos on Youtube and I'm by no means an expert.

About sharpness, it's up to your preference. A low sharpness will give a dull and bland image, which some people prefer as they deem it to be more "natural" looking. A high sharpness will include more details. Per example, the trees leaves and branches won't look like a big pudding (mushy), you'll actually see each seperate branch.

I suggest you read this thread: Mavic Pro: why DJI doesn't fix this huge flickering/compression problem?

Very interesting thread about sharpness. I personally use +1 sharpness but I suggest you do tests for yourself and see what you prefer.

Reactions: trriley5
I'm going to test out that +1 sharpness you're talking about, because you sound very convincing and I've gotta step up my game.

Thank you @MiniPalourde

I would have used the ND filters anyways. If you already have 12 filters I assume that you know enough about them and I don't think I can help a lot with that. There's a lot of useful videos on Youtube and I'm by no means an expert.

About sharpness, it's up to your preference. A low sharpness will give a dull and bland image, which some people prefer as they deem it to be more "natural" looking. A high sharpness will include more details. Per example, the trees leaves and branches won't look like a big pudding (mushy), you'll actually see each seperate branch.

I suggest you read this thread: Mavic Pro: why DJI doesn't fix this huge flickering/compression problem?

Very interesting thread about sharpness. I personally use +1 sharpness but I suggest you do tests for yourself and see what you prefer.

Reactions: MiniPalourde
Given the title, I was hoping to see the volcano at some point. Up close and personal. It was like promising New York City, but ending up with long distance shots of the city from Long Island.

9B341428-8878-4B84-A85A-85B4BF0737A5.png

Great analogy haha I’ve got 5 drones, and on that day I was pretty excited about the footage I got, so I risked that Mavic and tried flying it once I was much higher up.

Absolute failure, broke two propellers. Thankfully I left the gimbal cover on as I didn’t have much hope anyways

Given the title, I was hoping to see the volcano at some point. Up close and personal. It was like promising New York City, but ending up with long distance shots of the city from Long Island.

Keep the enthusiasm. As I am very new to this myself, I learned a lot from watching - saw some things I like and some things I'd do differently. What OS are you running and what software did you use for editing?

Nothing too crazy haha just really strong winds, from the moment I ascended, I had to put it on sport mode. My visibility wasn't the greatest too because of all the fog, or I guess at that alitittude it's clouds passing through.

I wasn't flying for long before I pulled the drone straight down to make it land ASAP, and then it drifted forward, and the propellers clipped the the upward slant of the ground. Probably wouldn't have happened if I wouldn't have put it in sport mode haha

later on I'll post another video of the absolute highest altitude I've ever flown the drone.

NOT because I flew it up and up, but because I was pretty much on the top of a mountain range and I flew 3 meters off the ground.

I'll post it soon.

Pretty pointless......

What happened to your mavic that caused it to crash further up?

Keep the enthusiasm. As I am very new to this myself, I learned a lot from watching - saw some things I like and some things I'd do differently. What OS are you running and what software did you use for editing?

I only use Apple devices when I fly.

My tablet is up to date with iOS 11.2.6 which is what I used during the video.

Aaaaand imovie, one of my employees uses Premier Pro, so I've been contemplating making the jump so a better editing software.

What do you think?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest