DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For a beginner

Haven' had a chance to get raw pics lately. This one is from today and I wanted to make the sky a bit more red but could not make it happen. Masking is my next challenge.
Here is the jpg.

Attachments

• DJI_0401.JPG
    DJI_0401.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 5
I like this one a bit better. So if I want the sky to stay the same but I want to change the look of the hill in the fore ground masking is the best way to do this?DJI_sunset2.jpg

Hi @JDawg if you go back to page #87, that gives you a better understanding of how to change the sky/foreground;) I must admit I’m loving Lr cc thanks to @Slim.slamma for thatThumbswayup my 30 subscription for Lr runs out today:mad: but will definitely be subscribing to it. I’ve got to know the program pretty well over the last month but I know I’ve got so much more to learn with it.

Can I ask, when you’ve finished in “post” with the above photo, post it on here for us to see. I would like to see the finished result.;)

Many thanks;)

Hi @JDawg if you go back to page #87, that gives you a better understanding of how to change the sky/foreground;) I must admit I’m loving Lr cc thanks to @Slim.slamma for thatThumbswayup my 30 subscription for Lr runs out today:mad: but will definitely be subscribing to it. I’ve got to know the program pretty well over the last month but I know I’ve got so much more to learn with it.

Can I ask, when you’ve finished in “post” with the above photo, post it on here for us to see. I would like to see the finished result.;)

Many thanks;)
Porky,
This is the edited photo, attached is the jpg. I am really just seeing what is possible and it is pretty cool. I see that my questions was rather dim as Photo CC 2019 include LR and I am going to subscribe. I like what can be done but I need to get out and get a lot of raw pics and this is a crappy time of year to make that happen.

Attachments

• DJI_0396.JPG
    DJI_0396.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Porky

Many thanks;)
Page 87, exactly what I was looking for, thanks.
"Once you get it in sequence it’s breeze. " LOL.

That lightroom is a really program , don't know how I missed it. Do they make something similar in video? My comp. really slow actually terrible! So it would have be on phone or tab with same bells as adobe's lightroom.

Porky,
This is the edited photo, attached is the jpg. I am really just seeing what is possible and it is pretty cool. I see that my questions was rather dim as Photo CC 2019 include LR and I am going to subscribe. I like what can be done but I need to get out and get a lot of raw pics and this is a crappy time of year to make that happen.

its surprisinig what can be done in post to bring out the best in a photo, yours is looking good;)

I’m not gonna be able to fly until Christmas Day, to many things I’ve got to sort out 1st before I can fly & yes the weather doesn’t help so fingers crossed I should start taking raw photos & playing around with them in post.

Keep posting here with your thoughts & recommendations regarding “post” before & after photos etc, I’ll do the same, with slimslamma keeping an eye on what we’ve achieved, I’m sure he’ll help out with tips and ideas and advice, great bloke;)

That lightroom is a really program , don't know how I missed it. Do they make something similar in video? My comp. really slow actually terrible! So it would have be on phone or tab with same bells as adobe's lightroom.

I think Lr is only for photos but I could be wrong.. you can get Lr for the iPad, IOS & no doubt you can get it on android. Have a search for it via google & see if it can do vids, you may be lucky;)

I took several shots in AEB today. When I downloaded the pics I still only received one DNG and JPG of each shot. What am I missing?

I took several shots in AEB today. When I downloaded the pics I still only received one DNG and JPG of each shot. What am I missing?

I dunno.... I just tried it on mine in the study, I got 3 jpegs and 3 DNG photos.

It might be worth trying it out at home and see what happens. With things like that I’ll play with the settings until I’m happy with what I’m doing then take it out and try.

When you took the photo, did you hear 3 clicks while pressing the photo button?

I dunno.... I just tried it on mine in the study, I got 3 jpegs and 3 DNG photos.

It might be worth trying it out at home and see what happens. With things like that I’ll play with the settings until I’m happy with what I’m doing then take it out and try.

When you took the photo, did you hear 3 clicks while pressing the photo button?
Yeah I figured it out kind of. I took a lot of pics and things are all scrambled up when I downloaded. And I wasn’t expecting 3 jpgs also. Still learning the very basics and need to spend more time figuring things out. Thanks!

Yeah I figured it out kind of. I took a lot of pics and things are all scrambled up when I downloaded. And I wasn’t expecting 3 jpgs also. Still learning the very basics and need to spend more time figuring things out. Thanks!

Remember I’m in the same boat as you “learning” but while the weathers crap here I just play and learn as much as I can in the comfort of my home.;)

I’m ready to go out this morning for some sunrise photos, very windy and overcast...... ain’t happening today then:(:(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake