DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For a beginner

Sorry should be sitting in the background..... no more posts, lol:p

Guys, Do you lose quality when reducing the size of a picture? What about if you reduce it more than once? This one seemed more vibrant before I reduced it so that I could post itDJI_0352 Wetlands.jpg.

A PC. Also i am using On1 Raw, not LR. Currently fumbling my wat around to see how best to reduce the size. They start at about 14MB but it seems like when I reduce them it reduces the quality too.

Reactions: Porky
Nah I don’t think so

That’s the only way the file loads when you crop the shot?
You're right. I am comparing the picture in On1 on 1 screen and the posted on another screen and I think that is the difference.DJI_0341Fall Wetland.jpg

Nice Colors
Thanks, I let nature do the work with these. I am doing the Raw/Jpeg and after I mess with the Raw picture a bit I compare it to the Jpeg and it is interesting how close I am sometimes, but with just a bit more color added. Right now I am just using the presets with a little modifying. I will get into the masking, layers, refining and whatnot when I know my way around more. This is fun if you have the raw pictures but all of mine until last week are not so not a lot to work with yet.
BTW if you see one of mine you want to edit I would love to send the DNG to you and see what you do with it.

A PC. Also i am using On1 Raw, not LR. Currently fumbling my wat around to see how best to reduce the size. They start at about 14MB but it seems like when I reduce them it reduces the quality too.

B26B3436-B1C0-440D-A424-0F10E5956BA4.png
That’s 5464 x 3640 with no problems uploading
You shouldn’t have to crop down to 1215 x 910

Thanks, I let nature do the work with these. I am doing the Raw/Jpeg and after I mess with the Raw picture a bit I compare it to the Jpeg and it is interesting how close I am sometimes, but with just a bit more color added. Right now I am just using the presets with a little modifying. I will get into the masking, layers, refining and whatnot when I know my way around more. This is fun if you have the raw pictures but all of mine until last week are not so not a lot to work with yet.
BTW if you see one of mine you want to edit I would love to send the DNG to you and see what you do with it.

In camera settings I use True Color shouldn’t need much post from there. Some of the the others might come out somewhat flat
33D45EFB-ABA4-4F96-B2C3-C840EF697296.png07F08635-A682-4C09-B1C7-A75AB4561A7F.png

Last edited:
Slim, I have an Air so I don't have all of the adjustments you show. I see in the custom setting you are -2 -3 +1. I am 0 0 0 and will try the settings you are using. The deal I have with myself is to be somewhat knowledgeable in editing before I buy the Pro 2, or maybe if there is a good discount around Xmas.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Slim, I have an Air so I don't have all of the adjustments you show. I see in the custom setting you are -2 -3 +1. I am 0 0 0 and will try the settings you are using. The deal I have with myself is to be somewhat knowledgeable in editing before I buy the Pro 2, or maybe if there is a good discount around Xmas.
0 0 0 is fine
I do a some sharpening and clarity effects so I start out in -3 and +1 in True Color suits my fine

Nice photos @JDawg, I only wanted to see how the pics looked hence why I said about cropping it down a tad, just so you can unload here;)

Again nice work from slim, still learning:)

Keep at it JDawg, I’ll be posting more photos here when I get the chance to fly. Rain, rain, rain at the mo:mad:

Haven' had a chance to get raw pics lately. This one is from today and I wanted to make the sky a bit more red but could not make it happen. Masking is my next challenge.

Attachments

• DJI_sky.jpg
    DJI_sky.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member