DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For a beginner

As requested,

I’ll carry on playing with the pic & see if I can improve the look.

D3B2C44A-127C-48AD-8646-D89567CB7C94.png

Reactions: Slim.slamma
You ready to reset it?

And go step by step
I guarantee after we go step by step everything will come a little
Then off to photoshop

Reactions: Porky
You ready to reset it?

And go step by step
I guarantee after we go step by step everything will come a little
Then off to photoshop

Blimey your like my teacher from school, lol... alright I know it was a long time ago:p:p

I’m ready but I’m waiting for a new kitchen to be delivered so will have to stop for that;)

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Slim Slamma that is some great stuff and thanks for sharing. I hate the thought of a monthly subscription but lightroom looks very user friendly and I think that is how i will go. Also are you guys using filters? I want to get the MP2 but I made a deal with myself that I need to learn some basic editing using pictures from my MA 1st. This is going to be my fall/winter project.

Last edited:
Slim Slamma that is some great stuff and thanks for sharing. I hate the thought of a monthly subscription but lightroom looks very user friendly and I think that is how i will go. Also are you guys using filters? I want to get the MP2 but I made a deal with myself that I need to learn some basic editing using pictures from my MA 1st. This is going to be my fall/winter project.

Jump on the band wagon like what I’ve done, it’s the best way to learn especially when you have someone like @Slim.slamma guiding you along.

Massive thank Q to slim. You can always full back on this thread or just ask.

I’ve got LR for my iPad, not got the desk top version, to expensive but I’ve defo got to now get one of them iPad pens (better using that than your finger)

@JDawg we can learn this together, two students throwing ideas & help at each other plus I’m sure a certain person, slim slamma would jump in also.

Tons of great info here. Thanks everyone

I’m learning all the tricks, what platform to use, & so on. Helped me out big time. It’s nice watching YouTube vids but when you’ve got someone holding your hand, so to speak.. & pushing you, it helps.

I’ve picked up so much information in the last couple of days, down to @Slim.slamma i now fill more confident using LM & a couple of adobes programs. Still so much more to learn though.

Glad you think there’s loads of info on this thread, something to full back on;)

Was in the mountains this week and it was overcast and no snow. Here is a photo of Mt Bachelor from Wednesday. Was very windy and cold so I got the bird up for just a couple of shots before my granddaughter was demanding we leave. I liked what I did with the black and white presets but I want to post this one to see what anyone would do differently. I want to bring the grass out to make it look like there is even less snow than there is, which isn't much. I have edited some fall pics which seem easier to make look good because of all the color. I kind of want the view to be ugly because that is what I see since I have skied here so many times on thanksgiving. BTW I am am using the On1 Raw 2019 for a 30 day free trial.

Attachments

• DJI_0332.jpg
    DJI_0332.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 13
Was in the mountains this week and it was overcast and no snow. Here is a photo of Mt Bachelor from Wednesday. Was very windy and cold so I got the bird up for just a couple of shots before my granddaughter was demanding we leave. I liked what I did with the black and white presets but I want to post this one to see what anyone would do differently. I want to bring the grass out to make it look like there is even less snow than there is, which isn't much. I have edited some fall pics which seem easier to make look good because of all the color. I kind of want the view to be ugly because that is what I see since I have skied here so many times on thanksgiving. BTW I am am using the On1 Raw 2019 for a 30 day free trial.
Tough shot to work with B2D4185A-55E3-427F-AAC1-8103FB546A8F.jpeg
Can’t do much with the shadows and mid tones Im thinking because your shutter speed is high

Nice! That's right, better to under expose than over expose? This is taken with an Air and I think the EV was around -.05. This reminds me I want to set up one of my custom buttons to change the shutter speed. I am finding I am not taking good enough pictures to have much luck editing,

Nice! That's right, better to under expose than over expose? This is taken with an Air and I think the EV was around -.05. This reminds me I want to set up one of my custom buttons to change the shutter speed. I am finding I am not taking good enough pictures to have much luck editing,
Start with auto
Then match the settings in manual then tweak aperture and shutter as you see fit for conditions

& where’s the RAW file for that shot

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer