DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For Americans, which method of contacting your politicians is most likely to draw their attention ?

Use the elected officials website to contact them. Most of them have a way of directly contacting the elected official and voice your concerns over particular legislation.
That's the best answer. I have sent several 'letters' to them via their website. Remember, the drone banning Bill has passed Congress and has gone to the Senate. So send to your Sate Senators and please send your dissaproval now.

Thought I would add a sample of a letter to send to your Senators:

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

The Honorable [Senator's Name]
United States Senate
[Senator's Office Address]
Washington, D.C. [ZIP Code]

Dear Senator [Senator's Last Name],

I am writing to you as a concerned constituent to urge you to vote against the proposed amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that seeks to ban the use of drones manufactured by DJI.

While I understand the intent behind ensuring our national security and reducing dependency on foreign technology, I believe this amendment is misguided and could have unintended negative consequences. DJI drones are widely recognized for their advanced technology, affordability, and reliability, making them a crucial tool for various sectors, including public safety, agriculture, infrastructure inspection, and environmental conservation.

Many public safety agencies across the country rely on DJI drones for critical operations such as search and rescue missions, disaster response, and law enforcement. Banning these drones without a viable and equally effective alternative would significantly hinder these agencies' capabilities and efficiency, potentially putting lives at risk.

Moreover, the commercial drone industry is a rapidly growing sector that contributes significantly to our economy. A sudden ban on DJI drones could disrupt many businesses that depend on them for surveying, photography, construction, and more, leading to economic setbacks and job losses.

I understand the need for rigorous security measures and the importance of protecting our national interests. However, rather than an outright ban, I advocate for a balanced approach that includes thorough security assessments, stringent regulations, and robust oversight to address any potential risks associated with using DJI drones.

I respectfully ask you to consider the broader implications of this amendment and vote against it in its current form. Instead, I urge you to support measures that ensure both our national security and the continued growth and innovation of the drone industry in the United States.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter. I look forward to your support in ensuring a balanced and informed approach to drone regulation.

Sincerely,

[Your Full Name]

Use the elected officials website to contact them. Most of them have a way of directly contacting the elected official and voice your concerns over particular legislation.
None of that will work or do any good at all as these people will listen to no one,only other people in office.And yes I contacted my elected official.
Big surprise met with no response.

A letter is worth 100 phone calls. But with the need to check each piece of mail, that may no longer be true. A call or visit to their local office usually gets results, especially if you know someone in the office.

A letter is worth 100 phone calls. But with the need to check each piece of mail, that may no longer be true. A call or visit to their local office usually gets results, especially if you know someone in the office.
This...
A letter will carry more weight than an email. It's so easy to generate an email campaign that they call it "astroturfing". A phone can work. If you go to "meet and greet" campaign event, you can speak to a staffer, possibly even the official.

If you have a lobbying group or advocacy organization, that opens doors. The Drone Advocacy Alliance is an example. Of course Stefanik went after that group: Moolenaar, Stefanik Urge DOJ to Investigate CCP-Funded Drone Group for Foreign Agent Registration Act Violations

Fax. It results in a piece of paper in someone's hands and it doesn't involve the inspection delay of paper mail.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Fax. It results in a piece of paper in someone's hands and it doesn't involve the inspection delay of paper mail.
Only in the last century. For most offices, faxes will not get printed by default and will end up in an email queue for a junior-level staffer to read. It's like sending an email, easy to orchestrate an automated campaign.

If you send an actual letter, that sends the message to their office that you felt strongly enough to go through the trouble of composing, printing, and emailing a letter. Plus you are paying for postage.

Only in the last century. For most offices, faxes will not get printed by default and will end up in an email queue for a junior-level staffer to read. It's like sending an email, easy to orchestrate an automated campaign.

If you send an actual letter, that sends the message to their office that you felt strongly enough to go through the trouble of composing, printing, and emailing a letter. Plus you are paying for postage.

Perhaps mailing an in-district office, rather than the Washington office, is a better option.

"Below you will find the contact information for the House and Senate Members of the United States Congress. Note that when writing paper letters to the Washington, DC offices, all representatives and senators have the following warning on their websites: Please note that mail sent to Congressional offices in Washington, DC must go through a very lengthy screening process. Letters are not only irradiated but are also vacuumed for possible contaminated substances. Because this process often delays letters for weeks, you may prefer to write to one of our [State] offices to ensure that your letter is delivered in a timely fashion."

Reactions: anotherlab
Do both....priority with signature on the snail mail.

Good evening to all-
This is really quite simple. To get any politician's attention, just write a short message like this- take a check out of your checkbook, write a number with a lot of zeros behind it, sign it, and send it to the politician. That's a message ALL politicians pay attention to...

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00B3rin