DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For takin PHOTOS: AIR or PRO PLATINUM

thill

Reactions
Hi

I'd like to get my first real drone for taking nice photos.
And I really just can't decide from air or pro.

I have tried to read reviews on both of them and I have tried to watch comparising videos with these on youtube, but it just goes back and forth.

Recording video will not be main action with my drone-to-be, what I'd really like to know witch take better photos..
Air has fixed focus and I dont know anymore is it any good, Pro has somekind of autofocus/tap-to-focus..

Could someone, who have more experience with both of these please point me at the right direction? :)

Ps. it will going to be the fly-more-combo

Is noise a consideration? Air is borderline annoying to some. Fly time is low. I have both and they both have good features. For what you’re describing, Pro is the better choice.

I'm sure the 'Pro' is in the name for a reason ... :)

Is noise a consideration? Air is borderline annoying to some. Fly time is low. I have both and they both have good features. For what you’re describing, Pro is the better choice.
That was my understanding for long time. That pro would be better for this, I mean.
But then I started to see opinions that AIRs camera is greatly better in....everyway :p

But thank Starz ,greatly appreciated for quick reply!!

I'm sure the 'Pro' is in the name for a reason ... :)
Well I'd like to think so, but there is just so much differenting opinions that I really would like to make sure I spend my money to less bad choise :)

I am leaning towards Pro.

Plenty of good near new mp’s available on this site. There was an mpp that was a great deal the other day.

If it’s between the MA and the MPP the Air, IMO, takes the better pictures. Same camera, just seems better optimised.

The MPP though will stay in the air longer and fly further.

The Air is just so small though - really can take it anywhere which means you’re more likely to have it on you. If you plan on using the video functions then the Air has more flight modes and better obstacle avoidance.

I had the same choice to make earlier on the year and went with the Air and I’ve not regretted it at all. Really is a brilliant little drone.

I have just added the MP2 to the stable and the Air isn’t going anywhere. In fact it’s so good that whilst the MP2 is an astonishing package if I had to keep just one or the other I think it’d be the Air I held on to. No it doesn’t take as good a photos as the MP2 but it is just such a fun little thing.

If it’s between the MA and the MPP the Air, IMO, takes the better pictures. Same camera, just seems better optimised.

The MPP though will stay in the air longer and fly further.

The Air is just so small though - really can take it anywhere which means you’re more likely to have it on you. If you plan on using the video functions then the Air has more flight modes and better obstacle avoidance.

I had the same choice to make earlier on the year and went with the Air and I’ve not regretted it at all. Really is a brilliant little drone.

I have just added the MP2 to the stable and the Air isn’t going anywhere. In fact it’s so good that whilst the MP2 is an astonishing package if I had to keep just one or the other I think it’d be the Air I held on to. No it doesn’t take as good a photos as the MP2 but it is just such a fun little thing.
Thanks. There is just that I've red that there is softness in AIRs photos cause lack of controling focuspoint.
How sharp is the image on air compared to pro?

Thanks. There is just that I've red that there is softness in AIRs photos cause lack of controling focuspoint.
How sharp is the image on air compared to pro?

I don’t know I’m afraid but I’ve not had an issue with sharpness at all. They seem to have set the focal length very well to me.

Have a look on here and places like Flickr for some comparisons - I took a few photos yesterday in a howling gale and quite challenging light. I’ll try and post a couple.

What would be a good idea is looking at the link below, This might help you with your choice before you buy. There’s some great photos to check out plus a lot of users do state what they’ve used, drone wise.

Photos and Videos

I don’t know I’m afraid but I’ve not had an issue with sharpness at all. They seem to have set the focal length very well to me.

Have a look on here and places like Flickr for some comparisons - I took a few photos yesterday in a howling gale and quite challenging light. I’ll try and post a couple.
Thanks!! Your photos might help for making decision.

Both fly more combos:
If mavic air is 983€ and MPP is 1090€
Witch of these seems to be a better deal?

Portability vs range and endurance

If I just wait until Black friday and see witch ever gets better deal :p
Could I go super wrong this way?

Does anyone dare to suggest some other brand besides DJI to aerial photography?

If I just wait until Black friday and see witch ever gets better deal :p
Could I go super wrong this way?

Does anyone dare to suggest some other brand besides DJI to aerial photography?
Or was that a great way to get banned from this forum? :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman