DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forgotten just how good the Mavic 2 Pro really is

Lasidora

Reactions
Just charged up a battery to 100% & flew my Mavic 2 Pro again, plotted a quick Litchi Waypoint Mission on the big screen here via the PC/Mission Hub it flew it like a boss, pinpoint accurate & returned to land at the exact same point it took off from to within an inch or less.
This drone has been so reliable & since purchasing the Mavic 3 I often live in hope that the newer drone will follow to be the same, I love the camera quality of the M3 but love the reliability of the M2 even more. MY dream drone would be the Mavic 3 working with waypoints (Litchi) & having the 4G Dongle enabled for no nerves flying in difficult environments with a fully working set of features enabled via later firmwares, one day, maybe one day.

Just charged up a battery to 100% & flew my Mavic 2 Pro again, plotted a quick Litchi Waypoint Mission on the big screen here via the PC/Mission Hub it flew it like a boss, pinpoint accurate & returned to land at the exact same point it took off from to within an inch or less.
This drone has been so reliable & since purchasing the Mavic 3 I often live in hope that the newer drone will follow to be the same, I love the camera quality of the M3 but love the reliability of the M2 even more. MY dream drone would be the Mavic 3 working with waypoints (Litchi) & having the 4G Dongle enabled for no nerves flying in difficult environments with a fully working set of features enabled via later firmwares, one day, maybe one day.
Know the feeling! I have a M2Z and every time i consider selling it, I go take it for a flight and I come home thinking "NO WAY!"

I have to agree with you, I will never sell my M2P. I looked at the M3 and quickly realized that it really doesn't do anything that my M2P already dose (at least nothing that I would use).I also seem to keep hearing about all of the issues being experienced by those that purchased one. Lastly I think the price being asked for the M3 is kind of high all things considered.

Know the feeling! I have a M2Z and every time i consider selling it, I go take it for a flight and I come home thinking "NO WAY!"
Stay away from the Mavic 3, full of bugs! Useless in many features, not to mention de fly app 🤮.
Mavic 2 & 2 zoom are darlings, should have known better before making the change 😓.

I was hoping after the Improvement of the zoom on the M3 that the Mavic 2 Zoom might get a little improvement as well , and sadly it did not. The feeling of being Dismissed from duty is not nice when no other drone is a shooting star.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain , Land on Water.

They really are great! I tried out an Air2s as a potential replacement after I crashed my Mavic 2 Pro, but just ended up returning the 2s and got the M2P repaired. There were a few things I liked like the smaller size, zoom, and increased FOV (for just general flying and exploring), but couldn't let go of the pro. It was hard to give up the better dynamic range, variable aperture, and to me the videos looked better color wise straight out of the camera. I don't do color grading, so that is a plus. Plus full waypoints vs the virtual sticks api with Litchi! Don't think we'll see that again with a consumer DJI drone based on how things have been going.

They really are great! I tried out an Air2s as a potential replacement after I crashed my Mavic 2 Pro, but just ended up returning the 2s and got the M2P repaired. There were a few things I liked like the smaller size, zoom, and increased FOV (for just general flying and exploring), but couldn't let go of the pro. It was hard to give up the better dynamic range, variable aperture, and to me the videos looked better color wise straight out of the camera. I don't do color grading, so that is a plus. Plus full waypoints vs the virtual sticks api with Litchi! Don't think we'll see that again with a consumer DJI drone based on how things have been going.
I know what you mean, love the idea of having auto waypoints for flying the same mission every time without having to control the drones direction etc, Mavic 2 Pro really spoilt us with this option, really glad I held onto it now, just may grab an extra battery or two to keep on stand by for future use.

Let me add my two cents on this topic. I had been flying a Mavic Platinum Pro with Litchi for about 3 years. It worked great but I felt the camera was a little weak and I got a lot of jitters in the video, but basically OK. When the Mavic 3 came out with its way better camera and extended flight time of 40 minutes, I was thinking that was the way to go for my next drone. Luckily, I realized that it did not support DJI Go4 or Litchi waypoint missions, which I use almost exclusively, before I bought one. But there was a lot of chatter that DJI might provide the SDK for it, so I waited. After a year I realized that it probably wasn't going to happen any time soon for the M3. Somehow it dawned on me that the M2P was still out there and could still be purchased new and had the way better Hasselblad camera and 30 minutes of flight time and still ran DJI GO4 and was fully supported by Litchi. So, I bought it in December of 2022 and it is so totally awesome. I started using the 2.7k 60fps video mode and the richness of color and the smoothness when panning are just great. Like others have said, the Litchi missions fly intricate and detailed courses, adjusting speed, altitude and gimbal pitch between waypoints. It lands literally inches from where it took off. Its just a great machine.

Let me add my two cents on this topic. I had been flying a Mavic Platinum Pro with Litchi for about 3 years. It worked great but I felt the camera was a little weak and I got a lot of jitters in the video, but basically OK. When the Mavic 3 came out with its way better camera and extended flight time of 40 minutes, I was thinking that was the way to go for my next drone. Luckily, I realized that it did not support DJI Go4 or Litchi waypoint missions, which I use almost exclusively, before I bought one. But there was a lot of chatter that DJI might provide the SDK for it, so I waited. After a year I realized that it probably wasn't going to happen any time soon for the M3. Somehow it dawned on me that the M2P was still out there and could still be purchased new and had the way better Hasselblad camera and 30 minutes of flight time and still ran DJI GO4 and was fully supported by Litchi. So, I bought it in December of 2022 and it is so totally awesome. I started using the 2.7k 60fps video mode and the richness of color and the smoothness when panning are just great. Like others have said, the Litchi missions fly intricate and detailed courses, adjusting speed, altitude and gimbal pitch between waypoints. It lands literally inches from where it took off. Its just a great machine.
Glad to hear the good things about the Mavic 2 Pro. After some research i decided to buy one from CL as my first. I still haven't had much chance to use it due to the recent weather but plan on using it to extend the reach of my photography hobby. I think i got a decent deal, 800$, like new condition with three batteries, 12, 5, and 4 cycles on them.

One question as a new pilot, what's better, the DJI Go4 app or LItchi for general use and possibly waypoints and mapping in the future?

You really should learn both. You absolutely need Go4 to get any firmware updates for your drone from DJI and it has a lot of great features but for missions and waypoints, especially a mission that might loose RC connection, Litchi works great and is pretty easy to learn. My first drone was the Mavic Platinum Pro (MPP) and at that time, in Go4, you had to actually fly to a point and then create the waypoint for that point and build up the mission that way, plus there was no continuing the mission if you lost signal. It just did RTH. Litchi gave me the ability to design a mission using Google maps, without the drone even being turned on, create the waypoints and flight parameters, then fly the mission. If the RF signal was lost, the drone continued the mission. I just ended up using Litchi for everything and only occasionally use GO4. I think there have been improvements in Go4 waypoints for the M2P which make it better than it was but I still don't think it continues mission on loss of signal. The fact that the latest drone, Mavic 3, doesn't run Go4 or support true waypoint missions or autonomous flight of any type, indicates DJI doesn't want the consumer drones flying autonomously. They force you move up into the higher priced commercial drones like Inspire, which is over $5k and runs on Go4 and Litchi. For now, I like Litchi and know it well so I keep using it.

Just bought me a second hand M2P and I am glad to read all this :)
Two questions, though: do you others close the Go4 before starting Litchi?
And is it possible to make the SC start up in the 'Home' mode so that you can choose what app to you're gonna use (Go4 or Litchi) to avoid the Go4 app always starting up automatically just to be closed before launching Litchi?

Reactions: CMavicPro2
I use an Android tablet and just make sure that the default box is not checked for either Go4 or Litchi. You do this in the Android settings, Apps. This way each time you start your RC, the tablet will ask if you want to launch GO4 or Litchi and I just double tap the one I want rather than tap "Just Once". Plus, I close all other apps before I start either Litchi or Go4. I would not have both apps in memory at the same time. Hope this answers your questions.

I have been planning on selling my M2P, fully loaded, 6 batteries with great health, smart controller, great sample of the camera, I don't really need 5 drones. But I flew it today for the first time in over 9 months and it just fires right up and flies great, no log in BS or any of that, last time anything was updated on it was mid 2019.

The reason I flew it is that the RC Pro for my pair of Mavic 3 drones logs you out automatically after one month, regardless of if you have flown it or not so I wanted to see how a dormant M2P would do. This RC Pro log out BS by DJI has cost me and several others income as the drone is essentially put into kiddie mode until you can get wifi or cell service.

I might hang onto the M2P after all, such a solid flying experience.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998