Forum Software Update

clackey

Founder
Staff Member
Reactions
Site
dronepilots.media
Hey all!

Making some upgrades to the forum software this evening. If you see some strange icons, such as a coke bottle for the alert icon at the top right, please refresh your browser. On most platforms/browsers, you can do this by holding in the shift key and refreshing the page on your browser.

Please let me know if you see anything else that seems odd....

Thanks!

Not working

Ok. clearing the cache works.

Reactions: MA2 317 and clackey
Hey all!

Making some upgrades to the forum software this evening. If you see some strange icons, such as a coke bottle for the alert icon at the top right, please refresh your browser. On most platforms/browsers, you can do this by holding in the shift key and refreshing the page on your browser.

Please let me know if you see anything else that seems odd....

Thanks!
Ok I'm back in. Got thrown out for a bit.

I was still looking coke in the right corner and miss pixel lines. But after go in settings and clear cache data fixed the problem.

In this thread I can not see the pictures previews.
1.jpg

Maybe the plugin (addon) needs to be reinstalled in XenForo?

I guess the user was deleting the pictures as i was looking. Is replacing pictures now. I can see attachments in other threads. Probably false alarm.

Still having problems. Phone doesn't have option to clear cache or a shift key to hold down. Any other options? Remove and reload?

Is the upgrade only on the mavic forum? The phantom forum page looks normal.

Still having problems. Phone doesn't have option to clear cache or a shift key to hold down. Any other options? Remove and reload?

Is the upgrade only on the mavic forum? The phantom forum page looks normal.
Ya the phones are a bit more challenging. Might need to clear the website cache/data from the browser. Sorry about that.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Working fine for me from IOS and chrome

Not working for me either.

I can't swear to this because I don't have the old site interface but I think when scrolling through a long thread, the title bar at the top used to remain fixed in place. That way even at the bottom of a long thread I could just click on NEW or FORUMS or ARTICLES to get back to wherever I wanted to go. Now that is not the case and I need to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page. Not earth shattering but certainly annoying.

UPDATE:
Actually yes that is exactly the issue. I just checked on Phantom Pilots and the title bar remains there at the top of the thread even as I scroll down. Here it scrolls away and disappears..

I cleared the cache in Chrome (ctrl-shft-delete) and all the screen oddities went away.

I checked this site and the phantompilots site and they are both running the same version of the forum software.

1603888175382.png

I notice in the cell phone and computer, when you refresh, the notification icon, show like you have notifications for a second and then disappear. I will try to make a video.

Here the video.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha