DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

frlipesalomao

Reactions
Hi, I had an crash, I described it in another post few months ago, the main problem was it broke component called fpc connector. Or flat ribbon cable connector at main/core board of mavic 2 pro. I found one guy that can do the job to fix it. But we need that component. Could someone help find? If find it, I Wil be able to recovery my drone.

I think is 34 pins fpc conector at core board.

See picturea of damaged connector and no damaged connector above.

I live in country (brazil) that has no official dji care service. So that's not option, anyway cost would no be viable, I have to do by my own. It's the only option. All I need is to find this component.

Actually i think 2 possible solutions to get this component (fpc connector).
1 - buy damaged core board and extract this component to install in my own core board (hard to find cheap core board)
2 (not confirmed yet) - extract it from flat cable that connect core board to ESC, looking pictures, each side of cable looks have fpc connector, one side female and another male connector.. If confirmed is same component that have in core board, i could buy 2 cables. And those cables are easy to buy and cheap (USD 7.00 each)..

Another option would find fpc connector componet alone, in some website, i not know specification, so i not found..

See pictures od damaged connector, good one and this cable that i think (not know for sure) i could get this component

000153amddkupm9fdmmpwk.jpeg

000204xpxeaexe0xzubxje.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

I would write to DJI and request the parts. They might just send them to you. That will be a delicate repair. You will need solder paste and a way to remove excess solder. I use solder wick. Watch your iron temperatures and time on the board. Be careful not to lift any circuit traces. Good luck!

I already tried contact them to supply components. But they don’t do that. Aways ask to ship to them for inspection. But they seems not understand that it’s not viable option since there is no official DJI care service in my country (Brazil). I already have one guy that is expert on this kind of repair that will do the job. I found him in YouTube. I bought 2 flex cables, will try remove component from cable to fix main board fpc connector.
The guy that will do the job in picture.
I would write to DJI and request the parts. They might just send them to you. That will be a delicate repair. You will need solder paste and a way to remove excess solder. I use solder wick. Watch your iron temperatures and time on the board. Be careful not to lift any circuit traces. Good luck!

Attachments

• EAC6568C-7741-4693-985E-0AD360C7A287.png
    EAC6568C-7741-4693-985E-0AD360C7A287.png
    6 MB · Views: 14
I haven't had success using solder wick, particularly on multi-layer boards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78