DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV has RUINED me...

Do you know of any simulators that have moving objects? Like cars or any type of vehicles? I would love to practice chasing things before I actually do it in real life.
Velocidrone has a couple few rotating objects but nothing that can be followed. I got Liftoff a couple of days ago and haven't seen anything like that yet in there, if so will post back.
I never thought of that but it would be cool and good practice.

Reactions: rossmoney
Great video! You have a great eye for framing, which is something I think a lot of FPV pilots struggle with. Are you using Reelsteady?

Man - that was amazing! Seeing your video is ratcheting up my interest in FPV flying - I'm also in WA.

Great video! You have a great eye for framing, which is something I think a lot of FPV pilots struggle with. Are you using Reelsteady?
Hey thanks for the comment!
I really appreciate the compliment. I have loved cinematography my whole life and it's been really fun to completely control the camera!
I am using a GoPro hero 6 black specifically for the purpose that it plays nice with reelsteady GO. So fun!

Reactions: RTKD
Man - that was amazing! Seeing your video is ratcheting up my interest in FPV flying - I'm also in WA.
Hey Erik!
Thanks for the compliment.
What days are you free? I'd very much like to meet up and show you all my gear and tell you about how I got into the hobby.
my email is rossmoney at g - mail if you'd like to send me what times you are free! (I'm currently funemployed so I've got quite an open schedule)

Do you know of any simulators that have moving objects? Like cars or any type of vehicles? I would love to practice chasing things before I actually do it in real life.
I posted the suggestion to the creator of FreeRider. He said it was something that he had thought about and may try something like that in the future.

What are you flying? Whats the setup?
Hey there!
I am flying XHOVER’s Stingy V2 BNF

Xhover 2207-2500kv 4s Motors

BetaFlight FC with 35a ESC's stack
RADIX LI Flight Controller
Aikon AK32PIN 35A 6S 4-in-1 ESC (V2)

5.8 TBS VTX with Smart Audio 25/800mw

TBS Crossfire Nano RX

TBS Crossfire Micro TX

Fatshark HDO googles with Rapidfire module

Wow wow wow Ross, thank you for sharing, very nice ?

Did you fly in acro or angle mode.

So thrilling to watch the low flying and sky diving shot. :cool: very cool indeed.

Wow wow wow Ross, thank you for sharing, very nice ?

Did you fly in acro or angle mode.

So thrilling to watch the low flying and sky diving shot. :cool: very cool indeed.
hello!
this is all flown in Acro mode. I heard from quite a few pilots that that is the best way to start out, so that is actually all I've ever flown!
thanks for the feedback ;)

wow this this amazing.... Now im pricing out an FPV....but I think ill wait at least until i love the m2p less...
yeah there are some really great *relatively* cheap options out there.
if you really hunted, you could find a complete setup for about 4-500 bucks

Reactions: spicciani2
yeah there are some really great *relatively* cheap options out there.
if you really hunted, you could find a complete setup for about 4-500 bucks
Thats about all i want to spend... I just ran through 3 batteries on my m2p today and wouldn't mind playing with something else after ive gotten the lay of the land.

this is an absolutely incredible place to start.
this guy has been flying basically since this hobby started.

Reactions: spicciani2
Nice!! I'm just in the process of building a Shendrone Squirt, have flown, and crashed, thousands of times in Liftoff. I understand what you mean about the Mavic collecting dust. The video from these new 4K cinewhoops (and bigger) is much more exciting and much more flexible...makes video from the Mavic 2 a downright yawner. Not to mention the fact that it can get you out of the DJI infrastructure and their increasingly oppressive software flight restriction. Build it and program it yourself in Betaflight...take DJI right out of the loop.

These little non-GPS quads are very hard to fly, and crash routinely. It's likely to limit their use to people who are committed drone pilots and have substantial skill at RC flying. The people who get a Mavic for Christmas and are afraid to fly it because it might crash will NOT be flying in the cinequad space, I predict.

Here's the video from about 18 months ago that kind of started the whole cinewhoop genre..."Onnanocos"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929