DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Litchi/Mini Changing Exposure

Bussty

Reactions
Site
andrewbusst.wixsite.com
I use the Mini for taking photos primarily and have been thinking of using the FPV Goggles function to make it easier to the floy the drone in sunny conditions.

However I need to be able to easily adjust exposure. Is there any easy way to adjust exposure on the fly when using the goggles if in manual exposure mode?

Many thanks

So your putting your phone into a headset ?

Yes correct appears the Litchi Beta for Android supports this. Actually as soon as I posted this I think I solved my own question :) I could put the exposure mode into Auto and say -0.7 EV (always better to underexpose than over) and just set the camera up on AEB say 1 stop + and - That way I'm going to get a reasonable exposure regardless only having to worry about using the sticks and pressing the photo button. Do you think that will work?

Yes correct appears the Litchi Beta for Android supports this. Actually as soon as I posted this I think I solved my own question :) I could put the exposure mode into Auto and say -0.7 EV (always better to underexpose than over) and just set the camera up on AEB say 1 stop + and - That way I'm going to get a reasonable exposure regardless only having to worry about using the sticks and pressing the photo button. Do you think that will work?

The exposure compensation/ AEB would work to get a range of exposures

You could also try a bluetooth controller, it may work

Could you explain us a bit more about that bluetooth controllers ?

I remind you Litchi allows asigning different functions to RTH physical button

R.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Could you explain us a bit more about that bluetooth controllers ?

I remind you Litchi allows asigning different functions to RTH physical button

R.

A bluetooth controller "might" work and allow Bussty to control the DJI Fly app while his phone is in the headset, that is to select certain menu options and map/camera view etc.
He will still need the Mavic Mini remote controller to fly the drone and will have to connect this via cable to his phone as normal.

Reactions: raulmavic
I think this idea is much better than using VR mode

If you then use a Bluetooth mouse on your phone you then have access to full screen and all the menu options. It's not like we have two lenses on the drone so the VR two screen things isn't really essential. We are just using the goggles as a way of clearly seeing the screen, almost like a really good sunshade with full screen and mouse control to replace fingers which you can't use to access the phone screen. With a setup like this I think you would be on to a winner! Trouble now is to find a fullscreen goggle that doesn't need VR mode. There are still a few Visor X models around but struggling to find anything else... You think a manufacturer would be on to this...

That's always been my question:
If I use goggles, how can I control the app that expects touchscreen input? Even if the goggles are a separate display device from what is running the app, how can I see what I'm touching on the app display?

BT pointer device seems to be the answer.

I have the original white DJI goggles and they have a touch pad on the side to access many (not all) of the settings and controls in Go4. Easy to operate after you get used to it.

Reactions: scoble08
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne