DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free file recovery utility comes with SanDisk SDs

CaseyGuy

Reactions
There has been some recent discussion here about recovering data from the microSD cards in crashed drones. This may be common knowledge to many, but I just found out about it...

Hidden inside the packaging of a 128GB SanDisk microSD I just bought was a coupon for a free, one-year subscription to a SanDisk file-recovery utility called RescuePRO Deluxe. A 1-year subscription normally costs $60. It can recover up to 128GB of data. Details of the utility are on their website at RescuePRO Deluxe for PC One Year Subscription

When I say "hidden inside the packaging" I mean it: Because I had trouble getting to the card and its adapter, I had to peel apart the cardboard packaging. The coupon was a sticker inside one of the halves of the packaging. (See redacted illustration.)

I don't have any experience whatsoever with this utility, so I'm not in a position to recommend it or not recommend it. But I've known the desperation of needing to recover data from a damaged disk. So I pass this along FWIW.

Attachments

• SanDiskHiddenCoupon.jpg
    SanDiskHiddenCoupon.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
This utility & similar still requires a fully accessible SD card ... and it then can save files that's been corrupted due to some reason ... if the card is physically damaged your're out of luck with this kind of tools unfortunately.

Here's an app I have used in the past. Extremely powerful, and works on just about anything. I've used it to recover broken RAID sets that came off defunct hardware RAID controllers. Yeah, four RAID5 set disks connected to a generic SATA controller, and the app put it all back together. And it reads disks that are generally unreadable.

ps: I was using the Pro version to get the RAID features I needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan