DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FRUSTRATED! S7 Edge - Too much wasted time.

Falcon1az

Reactions
So frustrated. I'm venting.

Spent all morning screwing with software flaws in DJI Go 4 (this is yet another morning of several).

Instead of going out and trying to get a few great photos... a great clip of video... I'm screwing with software flaws. Morning wasted - PP experience!
Thanks for nothing DJI!

This app is reliably... reliably the worst performing software on my desktop. The award for the worst performing software, and nothing is a close 2nd, is DJI Go 4.

Looked for answers on Youtube tonight. Someone posted this for the S7 Edge, change the minimum witdth to 490. Anyone see this -

So tomorrow morning... I roll back and re-install ver 4.2.16 and do the same with the firmware... .200.

Glad this forum is here and appreciate members sharing.

As for DJI... I WILL NOT recommend anyone going down this road. I will discourage everyone I talk to from getting into this involving DJI. While its possible to get some great video, photos... it is one helluva climb to punch through all the chronic ISSUES!

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 104
Not everyone has the trouble you do . I have a 2 year old I-phone SE and a 3 year old iPad . I have not had one glitch other than a bad cable that I replaced with anchor brand . Sorry about your bad luck . I also have a yuneec drone and I am very disappointed with it . I wish I would of bought a dji spark instead of the typhoon Q-500 . Live feed freezes all the time . Drops out at 1000 feet 100% . Yesterday live feed was stalling at 200 feet out . 700 dollar pile of crap . I upgraded the camera but I should of dumped the drone and bought one more dji instead . My Pro and phantom both work flawless

Well... I didn't think I'd have to invest in Apple products to have a reliable experience with the Mavic Pro. I bought the Mavic Pro based on assurances from DJI my S7 Edge would be supported. This has NOT been the case. Maybe I should say the S7 Edge is supported... POORLY supported.

I have a old hand me down S8 that I carry for a spare display if my old phone dies and I only have limited flights using it but the 6 times I used it I had no glitches

Appreciate you sharing - I don't want to go buy more 'stuff'. I'd like the the 'stuff' I've got to work. DJI set the expectation... my 'stuff' would work. It works - POORLY.

Well, It is an android... Isnt the main reason people buy them the fact that you can make any software and hardware modifications to make it do anything, download anything, and run anything, and to not be bound by the chains of the hardware manufacturer?
OR do we choose Android just because it is not an Apple product? Maybe because it is a cheaper phone?
What ever the case may be, there are MANY people with the same phone that have figured it out and have no issues, there are several who have not.
What are we to think the problem is? Is it really the software, that works fine for just as many people that it does not work for? Or is it YOUR phone that has some setting different than the people that get along fine with it? Maybe it is the user not fully understanding what DJI Go4 software requires from the device?

A big part of riding the Android pony is for you to be able to manipulate the OS and hardware to make it do what you want, how you want. If you choose to not to take the time to figure out how to adapt your superphone to run the mavic software, Dont look for something else to blame your problems on. It is probably not the software, its your phones inability to run it as it is currently configured. There are SEVERAL threads on this. So many that the Android army has decided not to keep typing the same "how to's" over and over.
You can search this forum and read up, or, get an apple device that will set itself up and be pretty problem free. Thanks probably to the "bloatware" that the "Droidies" hate so much.
I gave up on Android a few years ago because I got tired of rooting and viruses. I dont have the time to become an Android techie. If I had the answers I would love to help you, but alas I have converted to Apple and my phone always works, my apps are junk free, I never have to hard reboot, and my drone software works perfectly.

My phone works great - S7 Edge. No problems with the other apps... except 1. Yes just 1 app seems to chronicly behave POORLY. It is reliably the WORST app on the phone - nothing is even close.
DJI indicated the S7 Edge is supported - and it is... it is supported POORLY.
I can tell you... ac0j... don't appreciate your comments. Why don't you cuddle up to your Ipad, sleepingpad or your maxipad... and have a nice day.

Reactions: jari2023
DJI indicated the S7 Edge is supported - and it is... it is supported POORLY.
I can tell you... ac0j... don't appreciate your comments. Why don't you cuddle up to your Ipad, sleepingpad or your maxipad... and have a nice day.

Before I could reply to this, a happy S7 user showed up to help. Sorry you did not see the logic in my post. I simply wanted you to know the app DOES work with your phone if you are doing it right. Then dvarpala chimed in to prove it. Again, with a little more searching you would have known it already. Probably would have taken less time than typing your rant in the OP. Several good people here to help out, and this issue has been brought up MANY times here.
You seemed frustrated so I offered that an Apple product would be an easy, less frustrating fix, How was I to know you are an Apple hater? :D

I understand DJI wants users to keep firmware and software current.
But it appears firmware and software versions are not all supported. Why not something from DJI indicating there are problems and for a better experience don't upgrade.
Not an apple hater.
I'm using an S7 Edge and for no other reason then I like the micro SD card. Thats it.
What stands out though... is the guy thats condescending, you know... snobby.

I understand DJI wants users to keep firmware and software current.
But it appears firmware and software versions are not all supported. Why not something from DJI indicating there are problems and for a better experience don't upgrade.
Not an apple hater.
I'm using an S7 Edge and for no other reason then I like the micro SD card. Thats it.
What stands out though... is the guy thats condescending, you know... snobby.

Sorry you feel that way, and I am not the type to get into the name calling game, So I guess there is nothing left to say. You ranted, I responded. Now you just need to read and solve your issue. I didnt realize you didnt want help, but just wanted to vent.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Not just your device, but many devices are having issues. Many mfg's, many model no's, and that has been including iOS products of late. Go4 App is trash. DJI has screwed it up badly trying to add preventions, hack preventions, editor that not a ton of people even use. That app is a monster and eats a boatload of resources.

DJI is partnered with Apple. They want to get as many Apple products sold, so totally f'ing up the Android experience was the next step. I certainly hope this method of business bites DJI in the azz.

DJI is a multi billion dollar company as is the owner. They can certainly afford to buy a few top end Android devices to do their testing. Look at the list of recommended tablets? 705c? LO fn L.
For over a year now, many Android users have done very well with budget Android tablets. That will not suffice the Apple logic. The company that ruins devices for it's own loyal customers by creation of new iOS updates that render products unusable is now lock step with DJI. Surprised? not many are either. This is where much of the "I'm not buying a **** iOS product just to run a drone" comes from.

If you recently bought a Mavic Pro or Air, return it. Buy an Autel Evo. Their support so far is second to none. DJI focus is not where it needs to be. They really lack in customer support. Call or email them about the device issue, they send you a list of their recommended devices, iOS first, and some Android products that have probably not been tested in more than 2 years.

I even asked the support person "have you guys even flown these yet to see the problems?" and he said engineers test in their lab. I said "no, they work fine if static, get them in the air and then the video feed issues start going crazy or it gets disconnected completely during the flight"

Reactions: Fron2233
This dji go 4 works on my 2013 LG G Pro 1. Hella slow, i just test android sw because im on ios. It still works... so.... unload some apps. My iphone x and ipad have been flawless

Got my mojo back. Lol.
Rolled back to DJI Go 4,ver 4.2.16 on my S7 Edge. Went out and had a completely successful test flight.
Found it interesting my Tab 2 is running ver 4.4.21 and has no issues.
I did not - roll back firmware upgrade.
Thanks to the members with 'positive' contribution to address this issue.

Reactions: Forcecilia
Got my mojo back. Lol.
Rolled back to DJI Go 4,ver 4.2.16 on my S7 Edge. Went out and had a completely successful test flight.
Glad to hear, have some fun!

Got my mojo back. Lol.
Fly more, and if you get "aircraft disconnected" and app crashes then it's probably the firmware as well. I took mine back to 0100. For now it's working. No crashes on 4.2.12, no disconnects. Tested it out on my S3, Note 4, Note 8, my son's S7, plus some devices from guys in the RC club here. Zen 10, Iconia, Tab A 10.1, Tab A8, and a couple other Amazon generic tablets with at least 2G ram. Most were fine but the generic tablets crapped out. Go4 app is just too much and getting to fat for a lot of devices.

Well... I didn't think I'd have to invest in Apple products to have a reliable experience with the Mavic Pro. I bought the Mavic Pro based on assurances from DJI my S7 Edge would be supported. This has NOT been the case. Maybe I should say the S7 Edge is supported... POORLY supported.
I fought this battle. I made significant improvements. Still, in the end, I bought Apple (used iphone 6, and ipad mini 4), and that made all the difference. Even my DJI crystalsky, which is android, doesn't work as well. It's much brighter, but performs less well.
I agree that you shouldn't have to buy apple.
However, if you want to have a good experience with your MP, then buy Apple. It's just the way it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu