DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frustratingly low distance obtainable with Mavic Air

MattGenefaas

Reactions
Does anyone else experience their Mavic Air having a seemingly low distance? I am traveling around the World for 4 months and going to places like Iceland etc when drone flying is quite safe, but since flying in areas like Greece and other places I have noticed that I can’t really get much further than 250m at a low altitude, maybe 30m max.
I get errors such as RC signal lost etc, and the max distance setting ISN’T turned on, nor is beginner mode! I’m quite confident with flying now after two years but just can’t seem to be able to achieve the shots I want with this drone! Anyone’s opinion would be amazing!
Also I used to have the DJI Phantom 3 standard, and decided to ‘upgrade’ the Brie Mavic Air for the portability during my travels. Thanks!

That’s what’s going to happen with the standard Wi-Fi that the Air uses and why people swear by the Ocusync that the Pro uses.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
That’s what’s going to happen with the standard Wi-Fi that the Air uses and why people swear by the Ocusync that the Pro uses.
Don’t start ANOTHER Pro vs Air thread!!

It’s not normal behaviour for an Air, but could be caused by many things. Might be a good idea to move your thread to the Mavic Air specific forum

Reactions: FlybyWyre
I am also wondering how much distance I should be able to get. I lose connection with my Air pretty much every flight and it doesn't seem like I am going that far. If I go to 120m high, I can't get very far away at all.

It seems to be much worse in Indonesia than it was in Australia. The only thing I can figure is that there are a lot more cell towers in Indonesia.

I have a Pro and an Air and a Spark. I love all of them but use them for different purposes. On the subject of distance performance with the Air I have had the following experience: On my recent trip to the ocean in an area with lots of beach houses with WiFi I had no trouble flying the Air over 1000m away at say 100m high. I’m using the controller and have the frequency set to 2.4ghz. Seems to work great. No signal loss and I’m sure I could have flown farther away but a half mile plus has always been sufficient for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys